Solution......

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by jkhaalis991, Nov 14, 2009.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Solution......

IF YOU GOT A DRAFT PICK FROM ANOTHER TEAM & THE OWNER IS NOT AT THE DRAFT SUNDAY

Ok here is my solution.

Here are my draft picks:

NY Giants Draft Picks

Round
    4.(From the Cleveland Browns)
    6.(From the Chicago Bears)

With the my 4th round pick from the Cleveland Browns I select CB Joe Kent.
    Ok Cleveland Browns is not at the draft, so CB Joe Kent goes into Free Agent pool & Can not be selected by any other team. Once the draft is over I can sign him to my team b4 the season starts. Also the Cleveland Browns have to release who they picked up with their 4th round pick & is up for grabs for the rest of the draft.

Not sure if the commish can just move players to teams, but we will see.

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I don't think that's going to work because there's no way to prevent that player from being drafted by another team.

3. jkhaalis991

But if I pick Joe Kent, every1 who picks after my 4th round pick can't take him no matter what round we are in because I already drafted him. Also if he is on some1 draft board who is not at the draft tomorrow & they are after me after I already selected Joe Kent, then they have to release him & pick up some1 else in FA.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

that won't work. It will have a domino effect. In the original example, then the guy the Browns take will most likely be somebody that someone else wanted and that will continue, i.e. the domino effect.

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah but with the CPU picking for some teams unless they are not on people's draft board at all the CPU will still pick him.

6. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

Could try to pause and have someone rejoin as that team just to make the pick and then rejoin their original team. Just for traded picks with owners not in the draft.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    But with that I think that will cause the CPU to just pick best player available instead of the draft board after you leave that team.

8. jkhaalis991

All I can say is: Fuck EA

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I concur, why they couldn't put a reasonable FA/trading system is beyond me.

10. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

hm, yeah, this is going to be a mess, especially if a lot of people don't show up.

(the one time we could really use everyone around...*once*...and we're going to be missing a bunch)

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

we shouldnt of allowed draft picks to be traded, i know it sucks but with EA's half ass setup we should have ran trades half ass

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

i agree. next year no draft pick trading. unless they put a patch in

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

here was my solution. do the draft here(it may take a few days, but thats not going to kill anyone). each rd you send a list to hotrod with enough players to cover your pick(i.e if you have the 11th pick you give him eleven players) just like we did in the F/A draft.

after the draft you pre-rank the players you took(or the person you traded the pick to wanted) 1-7 and then when everyone is set hotrod can just start the draft put it on the fastest time and then move the players traded to the correct team when he switches F/A.

14. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

It took a few days for the FA draft, and that was with him picking for some people who weren't around. We can barely get it going as is. Some people aren't even around, we're stuck at pick six and have been for the last two+ days. It's going to be just as much of a hassle for more than just that one owner.

15. GoGators

I agree with jimmy. I think at 1:30 we should just log on to the AIM chat blast or create a chat room and have everyone post their picks. We could run it the same way as on xbox, maybe 2 minutes per pick. The people not present, Hotrod Autopicks for them.

16. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    We are just going to do the live draft this time around. Next season we will def be doing it on the boards/chat. It's too short notice to change the format and we would end up autopicking for a lot of teams which would create a big uproar most likely. Basically for those who will not be present if they didn't set up a board tough luck. Also if you traded for a pick and did not contact the team with your targets, tough luck as well. You have had plenty of time (1 week) to do so.

17. GoGators

HotRod, I'm not calling you out bud but this is a crappy point of view. I have picks from the Dolphins and Packers and have no idea who I'd even need to contact since both owners were allowed to switch teams. Plus, the current league roster sticky hasn't been updated.

So what would be the next best thing to do?

18. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Well to counter your view you always could have sent a PM to me about that as well ;) I'm usually in and out of the boards all day. With a lot of shit going on sometimes I may forget to update that stuff. I did send you a PM yesterday about the Packers owner tho.

19. GoGators

Thanks HotRod....I know you're doing a great job.

I never received a PM from you. Can you resend me the information on the Packers?

Thanks.

20. trutest

trutest Walk On

what a waste of a draft for the Chiefs.. if I have any moves left I'd like to trade everyone the CPU picked for me !

21. trutest

trutest Walk On

if we knew the draft profile didnt work then y didnt we do it in the forums?

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I for one have never been a apart of a draft with this game so I didn't know exactly what to expect. I was considering doing it on the board but it was so last minute coming up to the draft time that there was no planning for it. I'm not trying to have the offseason take 2 weeks. It's already been a lot of work to handle all of this stuff.

23. sowerss

sowerss Sowers

For your future reference guys in my other league we have a full 32 players and we did the draft in about a week (we had prolly 1/2 of the first round traded picks and tons upon tons of other trades.) We went thru and had everyone pick in order with the player they want in their selection or with the traded pick. Then we just simmed the draft and placed all the players on the correct teams corresponding to our forum draft. Overall it rocked and went well... heres a link if you are interested in how we did it..

http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-fo...nchise-rookie-draft-day-1-4889637?pageindex=1

We also did a spreadsheet with all the players etc so no one would be picking ppl who were already gone (i.e. very helpful in rounds after the first 3.

24. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

We tried that in two other leagues, one took a week and quit after round 4. The other took over a week and just simmed the last few rounds. And still had teams getting players they probably didn't want because they didn't show up.

Still think doing it one day, live, and having people set their draft board through the xbox 360, and understanding it picks the top player available is the best way.

25. trutest

trutest Walk On

SMFL rookie draft went just fine. 3 rnds and we simmed the rest. If I had to I would do it again but next time I'll have some help.