Some Clean-up Needed?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Sep 7, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Some Clean-up Needed?

AG/VT,

Will the state of the league be updated to reflect our current league? Also, can some of the old threads (i.e. UTEP football!) be deleted to eliminate the clutter in the game summary forum?

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I don't have the ability to completely delete. I can "soft delete" which leaves behind an empty spot, but we know something was there. I'll do that, and then I'll ask the guys to delete them for real.

3. egofailure

Thanks, AG. I know it all can't be done overnight. It's just confusing as hell to see some threads that not longer apply. A bit sad, too. <tears>

(By the way, my condolences. Your recruiting class last season was the sickest I've ever seen.)

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm trying not to think about it. Plus, with luv's rosters, I have more seniors, meaning I have to spread myself thinner to fill spots. No way I get back what I had, especially with the new user competition in my area.

No worries, though. We'll coach'em up, and just keep on winning.

5. egofailure

Yeah, that's the main reason I opted for TTU over Cincy. There's FAR too much competition in your neck of the woods already. There's no question you'll put together another strong class, though. Plus, keep in mind, the NC is back in play! ;)

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

No it's not. It's already been decided. You guys just haven't gotten out of my way just yet :)

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I think there won't be a ton of competition over the top players. The three 5* limit will help there, but the 4*s are where you will see the biggest struggles.

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

easy did you set up a board already for PSU? I hope so, I havent even accepted the invite yet and Arch has signed someone.....I think I am going to call Joe Pa at home

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm not going after too many PA guys, but I am trying to throw a rope around Ohio, so that will be a tough get. There's only one guy I really want in PA, and I don't think you're going after him too strong. He plays a position your stacked and young at.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

QB? That is one reason I wanted PSU, the QBs are young and stacked.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Yep. There's a four star project with a cannon for an arm. I need a young QB, so I'm going full force after him. I think he could be taken away from me, but it'll take more effort than I think anyone wants to give. But we'll see.

12. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

great....i'll have 2 user in conference games this year?

13. egofailure

There's a similar 3-star project QB with a rocket arm I was tempted by, but with a couple of young guys already on the roster (who I like a lot), I couldn't justify allocating my resources in that fashion. When you have a guy who can throw lasers, it adds some things that you can do offensively.

Edit: Bruce, blame AG! I originally wanted Marshall. ;)

14. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

I didn't see this in the rules.. Is this in affect? And if so can it be added to the recruiting rules?

15. egofailure

Hey, Sample, it's posted in the league description thread. Check it out here:

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27785

16. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

hahahaha. it's the 1st one on there! WOW, I read that thing like 8 times... Time to lay off the........ well, i'll just leave it at that :)