Some Deuce Idea's for future seasons and 2011...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Jan 23, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Some Deuce Idea's for future seasons and 2011...

1.The Tebow Clause: you can talk 1 player into staying no matter what. 5-6 between using the clause...There are someplayers that stay 4 yrs even though they accomplished everything they can...

2.User for User spread: insteaad of having just a spread how bout we award the winners of each spread with a extra scholly/cut

3.Promises:allow promises to heavy user battles recruits...

2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Promises are such a slippery slope........ if promises were included i think it should be somethin to where we can only use our set of promises on one player...... and we couldnt use the promise feature again until he leaves your program...

everything else i dont have a problem with...

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I'm cool with this. I say we try next season & see how it goes. Then we can decided if it should be allowed for NCAA 11.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I would be willing to develop a Tebow clause, but it's a sticky situation. I the idea of being able to talk back a guy who is a 97 OVR because he has no room to grow. Even Tebow had stuff he needed to get better at when he decided to come back for his Sr year (despite his lofty, overhyped NCAA rating).

I was thinking about the promises the other day. Maybe if a guy has three user scholarship offers it might be okay. But like JR said, I don't want to give myself a headache trying to track them. Plus, we would have to think of a way to make it fair for every user.

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I see no need to do any of this to be honest, what is wrong BBJ, you not getting enough good recruits? haha. We already consistently get he best recruiting classes every year, and have the best teams and have few and far between losses to the computer.

The other thing is there is not real drawback to offering up big time promises, because even if you fail, there is not guarantee they leave, and if they do you can just talk them back, so that would basically force everyone into offering promises just to compete.

6. JrRawlins

bogey, thats why i said if promises are allowed we should only be allowed to use the promises on one player and once you use it, you cant use set of promises until that player leaves......

7. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah I guess that would be alright, just more stuff to track tho. Trust me, the Oregon's of the world would benefit the most from this, since we are rarely in and battles for the stud new recruits anyway.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

How would the Tebow thing work... I mean how would you make a player stay with a team? I'm not sure what you're getting at there.

Just poking my head in... lol

9. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I believe in tt1 you guys can talk anybody back. In the deuce we can only talk back if they are under a certain rating depending on class and if they haven't won a major award. The tebow clause would allow you to try to talk said player back instead of just letting him leave....

My classes are fine bogey. Just thought it would be nice to change up some things... WhAt about the spread idea?

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I probably dislike the spread idea most of all. Especially since it's completely random and just something I started doing. There isn't a non-biased way to do it since I would make the spread for my games too.

Plus, an extra recruit, cut, etc doesn't really correlate at all to the spread.

From a commissioner standpoint, it just gives me more to police and track. Not that I have to do that a lot with you guys and not that I wouldn't take on the extra work if everyone in the league wanted to do something like this.

11. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I know man, trust me, I was just busting your balls. And I'm all for adding new ideas and I don't want to come off negative but we have guys that have a hard enough time getting there recruting classes posted/HOF's and other stuff done that if we keep adding stuff we may spread ourselves too thin. I would rather see some of the cool ideas we have tightened up first I guess.

As far as the Tebow rule, we do have guys that hang around after huge seasons, Holland won the D player of the year and was a 93? and stayed for his JR and Sr season. They guys that bother me when they leave early are the RS SO that leave after average seasons and you spent a ton of time recruiting a guy and have him just where you want him and bolt.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    JT Green and Morris were other players off my head that could have left but stayed.

13. JrRawlins

would anyone be willing to switch teams and/or conference at this point? not saying i am..... i am more curious at this point than anything...

14. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

If we did that I'd rather start fresh, and have real conferences. I'd like to stay in 2 bcs conferences though. Could just do that random draft thing as to who picks when. I've thought about that though, and would be for
    it. I'm cool with anything though.

15. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

I cool with switching teams. I'm not even sure I'll be Missouri when NCAA 11 drops.

16. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

1.The Tebow Clause: you can talk 1 player into staying no matter what. 5-6 between using the clause...There are someplayers that stay 4 yrs even though they accomplished everything they can...

I want to do everything possible to make our teams revert back to the mean, so I am against this one.

2.User for User spread: insteaad of having just a spread how bout we award the winners of each spread with a extra scholly/cut

Not a fan. If you want something like this reward the users who win a conference title or BCS title. Make it mean something.

3.Promises:allow promises to heavy user battles recruits

No, No, No....as stated in #1. I want our teams to as close to the CPU teams as possible. That's what makes UvU recruiting battles so fun. Do you dump 4 hours into the stud with 6 users on his board or do you go for a more balanced class.

17. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

I would probably stay with Nebraska, but if everybody wants to reboot with that's fine.

18. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

I'm cool if everyone wants to switch teams.

Don't like the Tebow rule.

Don't like the spread thing either.

Would rather not have promises, but would be okay if everyone agreed on it.

Nothing against anyone.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    We aren't starting over. Not sure where that came from...

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I can go either way on the Tebow rule.

Not a fan of the spread thing or promises.

As far as switching teams, I would probably stay with Tech just because I've built (or torn down) this team so I'd stick with it. I don't know that we should start over but if we did then I would pick a different team.

21. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah, why would we start over? We took all this time to build teams, just to start over? That would just be silly.

22. JrRawlins

i never said anything about starting over...... i said switch teams.....keep what we have rolling but move from your current team...

23. JrRawlins

to add to my previous thought.... the building of a team is what motivates me, and i have Virginia pretty close to a national power.. so i am curious if they would stay near the top without me behind the reins.... and if i could build another program that is average to a national power....

24. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am pretty indifferent about the Tebow rule and such.

There has been some talk about conferences for next year...anyone have opinions on how we do that?

25. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I think next year (2011) we should keep the real conferences. Have 2 conferences and have 6 teams in each conference, preferably BCS conferences.