Some ideas to get some activity....

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jkhaalis991, Sep 29, 2010.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Some ideas to get some activity....

in this dynasty. Looking at you guys having about 6 guys drop in the last 2 weeks due to this league as having no activity is not good. Here are somethings you can try get some talk going:

1. Recruiting Thread(From the Deuce Dynasty): Every1 can post their new recruits, talk about recruits they are going after & recruits they hate for not coming to their school.

2. Spring Battles(From the Deuce Dynasty): What position battles will come in the off season. Is that stud DE gonna push your 3 year starter DE for playing time? Is that 2 star WR with great speed & good hands going to start as a true freshman?

3. Season Preview(From the Tradition Dynasty): Every can post a preview of their team for the upcoming season.

4. Biggest Studs/Biggest Duds(From the Coast2Coast Dynasty): Did that 2 star LT turn out to be a stud? Did that 4 star QB turn out to be a dud?

These are just some ideas, but there are plenty of great ideas in other leagues that can keep this dynasty going. If you can't keep the interest level going into this dynasty, then you mind as well shut it down.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Wow...This thread has been up for almost 14 hrs & no1 in this league has anything to say???

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

i think everyone quit this league yesterday.

4. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Well there are currently 5 guys in the league according to the dynasty wire. The commish is out of town so there's nothing he can do about the fact that like 4 or 5 of the guys left the dynasty right after he went on vacation.

His temporary replacement (just for the sake of advancing weeks) had to drop out of the league I run, so I know he's got a lot going on and it's not his responsibility to get new people and revive the league.

Thus, at the moment, there's not a lot to say. It's kind of up to the commish when he gets back in town what he wants to do about trying to keep it together.

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

sorry guys i have been getting killed by life shit. I figured we would just go on hold until korenth returns from vaction. Ill take full blame for all of this falling apart. i tried to post yesterday but for some reason it didnt save or show up. Again sorry we will get back on track as soon as korenth returns!

6. SodaAddict

Man, don't worry about it. It's not your fault, and yeah we will get it all together unless we agree to disband it or something.

7. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Hey guys....sorry I've been gone...just got back tot the States this morning and am posting from my phone while my wife drives for a bit....I've tried to read through the threads....looks like we are down to 6. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point....the whole being hired to new schools works great when everyone gets to around the same time...not sure how well it works with all the coaches being on different years. I did like the ideas that were posted....and I don't really want to fold the leauge...I guess the best thing to do is gauge the interest and availibility of those left and go from there. If be glad to have discussions with those left.....particuarly when I've got a computer in front of me. And if there's interest I'd love to have a big xbox live chat with everyone left maybe Monday night or Tuesday night. I will be able to check posts sporadically the rest of today...be more availible starting late tonight.

8. SodaAddict

Yeah, a party chat for those of us still interested would be a good way to go.

I think the nature of the league frustrates a lot of people. You have to be willing and able to take a lot of losses here. It's one of the things I enjoy the most about it. It's a challenge and a league that really takes a long-term commitment.

9. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Thats very true...and to those worried about the whole rebuilding a school only to leave it, I would point out that the school you move to probably has similar quality students to the one you are leaving, unless you recruited really really well. Add to that the fact that your recriting pitches will probably be beter, and "rebuilding" the second time is alot easier.

I've just made it back to home...I'm pretty exhausted tongiht, so there probably won't be an advance or anything tonight. I'd like to schedule a time for everyone to get together on Monday night, just o see if there are still people who want to continue...maybe around 10pm CST?

If that time doesn't work, make a post here at least saying your interested...and if you still want to talk ideas with me or anyone else, post a time you'll be availible...I'll try and make time for anyone who wants it.

10. SodaAddict

10 pm CST should work just about perfectly for my schedule tomorrow.