Some questions for you experts out there...

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Some of you guys give me the impression that you are pretty damn good at this game ( JFace907, ryalaman, Gngsta4Lyphe, bucsfan047), so I'm hoping you can help me and some others who aren't really experts at this game with something that I can't figure out:

How do you get your guys to rebound the ball and/or box out? I'm using the Clippers, who have 3 guys with 85+ rebounding ability (Griffin, Kaman, DeAndre Jordan) and they routinely don't put a body on someone and/or jump to attack the glass. Is there a coaching setting or something that will tell your guys to do that? Does it have something to do with your defensive settings (ie - if you have them guarding their guy tight do they get beat on rebounds more) or play-calling or something?

Any assistance is appreciated.

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I honestly do a lot of user switching. Either that or i will crash the board with the guy i used to guard the shooter.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's what I was afraid of, in last years game I depended on my good rebounders to do their job without me controlling them. It's getting to the point that I feel it's pointless for me to have a good rebounding big man, since they just stand there half the time.

4. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Same here. You can change coach settings to Crash Boards all the way up and move fast break down, but that leaves you vulnerable to the fast break off the rebound. If you hit left on the D Pad you can choose to lock down the paint, that helps with rebounding as well. I user switch to whoever is making the play, so i can just box out or bring an extra defender in to the paint myself. Also, the defense could have an impact on rebounding. Man to man generally works well, but 2-3 is designed to lock down the paint and get more rebounds while leaving you vulnerable to the 3. The 3-2 is the opposite, defends against shooters.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I've actually found all zone defenses horrid to rebounding. Which is true to life. Most zone teams are bottom of the barrel rebounding teams (see Ohio State pre Sullinger days). Its another reason why most teams don't play zone in the NBA. And its one advantage Americans have over European teams. The Americans can dominate the glass, but don't have the shooters to beat the zone.

6. Brandon S.

Don't tell Jim Boeheim that. Proud Orange fan right here lol

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Most Orange exits in tournaments have been due to their lack of rebounding in the games...

8. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I don't know, I play a good bit of zone (mostly 2-3) and usually do ok on the boards. It probably helps that my forwards go 6'10, 6'11, 7'0 tho.

9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

meh i dont consider myself too good, but i've been outrebounding the CPU the last few games, like the others said I user switch once the shot goes up and try to box out as best I can.

10. Brandon S.

Thats not true, they are relatively close if not better than their opponents in regards to rebounding. There is a number of reason why they lose, but i wouldn't say the achilles heel of Orange basketball is rebounding. They have one of the best defenses in all of NCAA.

Not arguing with you just stating my opinion, i've never played 2-3 zone in 2k so if you say it sucks then i take your word for it.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history?team1Id=7577

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

What i said was a bit of a hyperbole but in tournament exit games they have lost the rebounding margin more times than not. Especially in their allowing of offensive boards and second chance points.

12. Brandon S.

I can agree with that, but that wasn't because of the zone defense haha. That would be because of the lack of a big man presence in the middle, Onuaku's injury and departure left the Orange with a gaping hole. Against Oklahoma they got destroyed by Blake Griffen. Thats understandable though.

13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah dru you gotta get your hands dirty in there and box out / rebound your self if you want to be effective. Most of my guys couldn't rebound in a phone booth but if I switch to varajeo or Samuels after the shot goes up and at least get in the way i have a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

what he said ....

also , I find the CPU rebounding is a bit random, but to me I like that. For example...... before reboot I had a game where Noah got 2 REB against the Clippers, got killed on the glass ..... next game he had 15 REB , so in that regard guys have good games and bad I feel , I had same with Marc Gasol so far, so its pretty random , but swithcing to a post defender is key on winnning the reb battle with CPU, also following shots on off helps, just don't give up easy transition baskets.

Or you can go sign the fat kid from teen wolf, he was a beast on the glass .... seriously go youtube it, there is a vid with his stat line for that big game :D