Some thoughts on the front page and making TF people's home page

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Hellisan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Some thoughts on the front page and making TF people's home page

Ok first of all Ryno, drifterdub, whomever else may behind the scenes... This is all positive stuff, just wanna get that outta the way so you can continue reading, I know I've stepped on toes with careless comments before.

Here are some random thoughts I've had lately

*Looking at the home page, I loved it so much (how it had all my favorite links at the top like OpSports and Avidmanager) that I made the TF my home page. I think a lot of other people might do this if we expand the links slightly. I think there should be some kind of campaign within the forums here to have people make Traditionfootball their home page. That will drastically increase the hits to the site, add to the interest in our stories (I was incredibly impressed/thankful that 4 people responded to my article the other day) and help to make this forum/community really strong. Minor suggestions would be: Make the font of those links at the top slightly lighter/more visible perhaps? Can we make a link to google up there as well? Could we possibly do even more links along the side of the page or something, or is that just gonna get in the way? Would love to have links to ESPN, etc...

*Pipe dream time. Customizable links for users?

*Would love to see a link to www.traditionfootball.com from the forums. A lot of forums, when you go to the image at the top left of the forums and click that, it will take you out to the main page away from the forums. Can we do that? I was always editing the URL to get back out. Now that it's my home page, not a problem, but yeah.....

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

good suggestions.. i think all are doable except for the custom links option.. not sure WP has that functionality yet.. would have to search for a widget that does it based on a VB login.

but before that, we will need to get our WP-VB bridge working correctly. We've run into some issues trying to implement and are having to work through the code without much documentation.

3. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

k.. messed around with the style sheet for the site..the links at the top of the homepage are brighter and i've added a few.

If you want more links on a menu on the left side under League Sites let me know.

ESPN
    Google
    Youtube
    CNN

tell me.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

working on getting this in the menu of the forums per our meeting

5. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

I like the idea of having some connections to other sites...

I like sports sites and news sites.... plus it would help me waste time at work (y)

maybe: mlb.com, nfl.com, nhl.com, nba.com

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I've made some changes to make the front page more like the forums in look and feel.. also a cleaner look for a homepage IMO.

7. DigginGraves

DigginGraves Walk On

Very nice... im hapy I got involved with Tradition right as it really took off!!

Good job so far Ryno... can't wait to see what happens with the release of 2010

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The front page is looking #%^$#^$# amazing. Great work! For the log in portion, do we need to register seperately, or will our forum login info work? I could try it but I am about to zip off to class, literally right now.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the login portion is for commish and management at this point.. we are working on bridging VBulletin logins over to WordPress for the comments portion.. but it hasn't happened yet.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Awesome! Thanks again Ryno and crew!

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Just want to throw out again that I am available to help you guys.

In my real life (haha) I am a software developer for Honda.

Just offering my services.:)

12. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yea.. we were looking for you at the management meeting last night... :D

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    Sorry, I ended up taking the baby to urgent care last night.

102 degree fever and a barking cough = I don't know what to do.

:)

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I have my favorites set to go to the forums so I don't see the front page often. I might have to change or else you could set it up that when I click on the TF logo at the top center of the forums home it would send me to the front page. I could be missing something but there should be a link from forums to front page.

Oh and the front page looks sweet!