Someone clarify the recruiting for me...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Oct 8, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Someone clarify the recruiting for me...

I stayed up too late watching the end of the Braves game last night. I thought we were not allowed to sign over 71 players. Then I read the description and we can sign upto 75 and cut back down to 68 if we need to as long as we don't cut a 4* guy.

What I don't get, and need some clarification on is can we cut a "former" 4* recruit? For instance, if I sign a 4* and he doesn't progress after a season, or two can I cut him then? Or am I still bound to the 4* rule?

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Is there even a way to tell what * a rectruit was when he first came on the team?

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Not on the game, but we keep a pretty detailed recruiting thread here that shows all of you recruits. That is why I wonder.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I would think no cutting preseason freshman year.

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I think you can cut anyone after their freshman year but freshman you can only cut if under a 4*.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That is what I thought. I wanted to see how everyone else interpreted this rule.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

The idea is to keep as many good players in the game as possible. I'd hate to see four star guys cut. It's not like anyone picks them up. They just disappear, and there's one less quality player in the class.

I never really asked the question posed here, but I think this is the best interpretation of the rule as it is written.