Something has to give.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JOEDESIGNS, Dec 4, 2010.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

So I'm writing this at halftime of the Penn State / Alabama game, when I have 9 guys in the box and their HB stats @ halftime are 17 touches for 198 yards which is an average of 11.6 with 3 TD's. Something has to get fixed. I understand I get scored on but some of these runs are just silly. Running up the middle against an engage eight for 89 yards? Come on.

The other complaint is I can't average more than around 5 per carry with backs that are just as good or better. I want a competitive game, not one where I just can't win.

I'll update this after the game with the final stats.

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

FINAL SCORE 60-27 Penn State. Gonna break down the stats player vs player.

Penn State HB 29/249 yards, 3 TD's, 80 yards longest run, Broken Tackles 13, 0 Fumbles
    Bama HB 7/8 yards, 1 TD, 13 yards longest run, Broken Tackles 4, 2 Fumbles

Penn State QB 23/30, 229 yards, 4 TD's, 0 Picks, 76% Completion Rate
    Bama QB 12/34, 311 yards, 1 TD, 4 Picks, 35% Completion Rate

I abandoned the run in the second half because there wasn't time for it. I was trying to play catch up. I'm sure some of you may attribute my fumbles to setting the strategy to BIG RUN AGRESSIVE. Rest assured it was off the entire game, some of you will notice my statts for Senior HB Eddie Lacy in the reception category. He was 9/280 yards and 1 TD. Why did he have so many? Two reasons. 1-Nobody else would catch the ball 2-I wanted all of you to see no matter what I did I had no chance. This game was over from the start and I'm kinda ticked about it. Anyways, I'm going to bed. Later.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah, change them back Soda... I got gouged for over 200 yards against Wisconsin as well.

4. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Fair enough. Tell ya what, I will change them, but they don't change until the next week right? If that is the case, I will throw out the results and you can supersim until you get a win.

If they go in to affect immediately, I will throw out results and change them and let everyone replay their games that wants to.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

They will not go in effect until week 2.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Well I won, just sucked to give up that many yards. And yeah, fuzzy logic is right, they are set for this week no matter what we do.

7. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

The thing is when the run ability is pretty much any higher than 50, you get the unrealistic broken tackles. I'm all for keeping the run block the same but when you couple the 80 run block and 60 run ability, were just asking for results like this. I'm not sure what you can do about it this week but I feel bad when the first week of the season something like that happens. If he got beat fair and square, that would be one thing but having 13 broken tackles is borderline laughable. What was the run ability last year??

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I wasn't beat. I was murdered.

9. SodaAddict

I agree with you. If this many people are having un-sim results from the slider tweaks, it's not fair. It's not a problem at all. This first week (and only this week), I'll allow people to restart and we'll just chalk it up to preseason. Deal?

As for the tweaks, I only upped RB ability by 1 or 2 ticks, but upped run blocking 3 ticks and rush defense by 2 ticks. I will change everything back to how it was, only with a one tick up adjustment to run blocking (compared to last year) for week 2 and the rest of the season.

I just finished my game against Georgia with the sliders everyone else has been playing on and went up 21-7 and looked in control, only to have them score 20 unanswered points and completely shut me down in every way from that point on to lose 21-27. The CPU averaged about 5 or 6 yards a carry.

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

My game seemed normal. Pitt's leading rusher had 74 yards on 17 carries, with occasional big games here and there. I dont know if soda was able to tweak the sliders or not

11. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

my game seemed normal......went up 31-0 over Notre dame at half...put in 2nd team and they came roaring back with 27 unanswered points but it was through the air...I did have to put my starters back in to seal the win...Dont over react because a couple of us got a hot cpu team....ive been gashed for 350 on the ground by a great back in the redshirts.....it was one week...we didnt over react and change the sliders and it hasnt happened to me since although on occassion it happens to someone in the league......now if every one of us this week were torched...then thats enough data to react.

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Hot? Their B+ offense could have put up 80 if they wanted.

13. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Like I said, I'll take a loss here and there, but I know the difference of when I get beat and when I don't have a chance. The game was crap and if it can't be fixed oh well.

14. SodaAddict

That's the thing. I think like 3 or 4 people were saying they had given up ungodly stats on the ground. Joe seems the most affected, but we don't want to be averaging almost 175 yards allowed. It's too much and I realize that. This is my fault, because I didn't think that making the adjustments that I made would make THAT much of a difference. But, I fixed them back to where they were last year with only a one tick adjustment to two sliders, so everything should be fine next week.