Something to keep an eye on.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BRUCE80, Aug 23, 2010.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Something to keep an eye on.

We have a couple dudes bidding on everyone..... kidding but they are on alot of very medium value players offering big bucks.

This to me is just as bad as allowing bad trades. They spend a ton of money on guys now and it hurts the team later.

These players arent world beaters by any means.

To me if people make significant changes to a team they shouldnt be allowed to swap out to other teams...

This includes trades and big spending in FA.

What are your thoughts guys?

2. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree, but there is not alot we can do until they get themselves in trouble. If you want to know why such lower players are getting such big contracts...just look at their speeds. All the madden vets know to go after the fastest players in FA.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We have to give our owners a little lee-way here. Year 1 of free agency lacks the big names that years 2 & 3 will have.We cannot restrict owners from adding players to their teams just because the free agent market is mediocre. Being able to build a team through free agency is big part of what makes playing in a franchise fun.

4. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Let them add whoever they want. If they do want to switch teams later on then the new owner can dump these free agents and their salaries after season 1 is complete. That is still true, right?

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Agree with both of the last 2 responses. Well said guys.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

guys are we serious? have we gotten to a point where you not only wont allow any trade to go through, you wont allow guys to swap teams, now you dont want to allow guys to sign fa's? seriously, lets take a step back and chill out. we are robbing our owners of a lot of fun

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Thats not what i am saying at all.

But if guys destroy a team of players and cap space, they shouldnt be rewarded with another team.

Not trying to be over bearing but Vishal is all over every FA with some speed. Does he really need them all or intent to sign them all?

Just curious, not making up new rules, just want to make everyone aware.

8. Jeremy

Lets just loosen up a bit.

If they build their teams and lose its their fault. If we dont allow them to make moves and they lose its our fault and they quit.

9. Jeremy

I hear your concerns Bruce. But thats what GM'ing is all about, some spend,ala Dan Snyder and some dont.

10. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

You are right Bruce. If a guy goes nuts, then we should consider that when wanting to swap, but Vishal also has never done that.