Something to watch for

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 1, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I played my game last night with the Falcons owner. Now I don't want anyone to talk to him, but it's something i've seen a little bit here and there and then a LOT last night in my game. BTW, before I get started let me say it's monday and on monday's i don't have a lot of time to be here so I'll post my summary and stuff tomorrow and finish checking in here.

Ok, back to my game. Back in the 2k1-5 games of Madden (on PC) there was something called the 'lop pass'. It was cheesy as all get out. Basically a qb would just let his wr, covered or not, run a fly route and the qb would just lob it up. It was unstoppable with a stud qb and a stud wr. Then madden changed some things and I haven't really seen it in years, until this version. I haven't seen it a ton but in last nights game the dude must have thrown 5-6 lob bombs to White. White had like 6 catches for over 200 yards. He would be even double covered and still catch it.

This maybe something that we have to place a rule about if it continues.

Have you guys seen what I am talking about?

2. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I have seen it alot myself. It has costed my 2 controllers this year due to my anger management when playing a game lol. I had a guy burn my 8 times with it. i would even control my FS and just shadow the guy and still couldnt stop it half the time

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow. How do we legislate something like that though?

4. natedawg212000

no lob bombs. Theres a difference between just running a fly route and throwing a lob and running a real fly route where you are really trying to hit something deep.

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Actually, someone else, Claven maybe, had same the exact same thing about the Falcons owner doing that with Roddy White a lot in their game

6. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Also, I remember him saying that some times while doing this, he would user control White and have him bump the defenders during the route to slow them down before the ball got there. I'm almost positive it was Claven saying that in the blast group. He was pretty pissed about it.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Man. Why can I find these cheesy tactics first and get a few Ws before people figure it out? lol

Just kidding.

8. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

In a scrim I had with Mikolas I had the other day I saw it too. Farve to Moss was just unstoppable even with Asomough covering him with safty deep. I doubt we need a regulation on it as much as an awareness. But I remember what it was like in the PC madden too. By the second season, folks caught on, and it took some of the strategy out of the game. I think a mention that we know this is simulation football so on and so on should be enough. However, Madden neglecting this issue again, and reliving the lesson is just another testament to their shortfalls in the game this year...

9. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Is there any reason to keep Obisan as the Falcons owner at this point?? If I recall, you guys have had a ton of issues with him, from game scheduling to not writing recaps to now this...

10. natedawg212000

Jeremy or someone, if you could lets try just making a post that we are aware of the issue and if a owner is caught doing it then they are outta here. Eliminate us from making another rule.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Another thing to watch out for: does anyone allow the defense to call audibles or change up their play to match the offense?

This is the SECOND time this has happened gamewise, and both times were in the AFC East. I know I have little to no shot to win anyway, but at least GIVE ME A FREAKING CHANCE TO AUDIBLE AND MATCH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pisses me off. Does anyone care about using some damn strategy? Or is it just "I can mash buttons and sticks faster and better than you, so who fucking cares?"

12. natedawg212000

its in our rules to wait

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I know. I have had this issue twice now, and both with AFC East opponents.

Matt and Mustang.

I talked to Mustang about it after the game and during the game, as every time I tried to switch up my defense when he called audibles/hot routes, he snapped the ball either mid change or before I could call something.

He said he thought the ball had to be snapped before 20 seconds. Since I'm 4-11 and game was not really close, I let it go. But I hope that any owners who play the AFC East (particularly Matt and Mustang; Gaddy I had no problems with in all honesty and never played Duvalbault, new Bills owner) report this crap if it happens again.

Mustang was genuinely apologetic afterwards when I talked to him on AIM, and my post was before that chat. I apologize for the flame up. I should have talked to him before that post.

However, this, along with the deep ball throws, are problems we need to make sure owners are aware we know about and are looking for.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I have heard of something called Rocket Catch? Would this be it?

15. natedawg212000

Yes Jeremy, simular

16. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

was he manually controlling his WR to catch the ball by jumping?

17. natedawg212000

honestly i can't remember, but its an issue regardless. They are throwing lob balls up to a wr with 2 and 3 dbs and even if you manually use the db is very very very hard to stop.

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We have a rule in the rulebook against Jetpacking. Would this type of trick fall under that? if so then all this we are discussing is rules violations.

19. natedawg212000

its similar to jet packing, but its not jet packing. jet packing is when they take the wr, run off the route, run back and jump. thats jet packing. this falls under a old trick of the lob deep ball.

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Ah. All these terms are confusing to me. I apparently do not know how to cheat. LOL

21. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

My game last night was very unenjoyable as well. I have had a few owners who wouldnt wait on the D to get settled as well very lame imo. The fast play caller guys who just go go go the entire game get under my skin as well...

I dont want to complain because I lost, but dude ran a ton of RB screen plays and I think his RB had like 8-9 grabs for 150 plus...

I dont mind throwing to the backs, all I require is mixed up play calling and that didnt happen.

Slant, post, rb flat, screen, rinse repeat..maybe in a different order but the same plays / routes.

That said everything has bothered me lately and I am semi bitchy and on the rag...so bear with me...

Job is hectic, wife had surgery and isnt working is board and not bringing in any dough, she bitches at me....kids or so freakin busy that I am running around like crazy trying to keep up...

Dont want this to go outside here, if we were to hear something similar again then maybe we say something.

Complaining crying moaning over.....

22. natedawg212000

Bruce if we need to clean guys up then let's do that my friend. I'll make a post about waiting and just going over the new rules page again.

Win can you post a post-able link for the rules page? the link i have is to edit.

23. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

24. natedawg212000

bump for jeremy

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

We need a reminder not to stack the box all game long as well.