Something you should know...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Something you should know...

For the online franchise's draft, there are 32 'prebuilt' draft classes that come with Madden. One of the 32 classes is randomly chosen for each season's draft in online franchise. I'm not going to get on the soap box of how much this sucks, but you should all know this going into the year.

In addition, ALL RATINGS are shown during the draft, so you'll know EXACTLY what you are getting. Again, no soap box speech.

From everything I've read, the drafts are pretty OVERRATED compared to what we are used to on the PC. Again, no soap box.

EA, in their infinite wisdom, made some of these guys relate to real/former NFL players, like a RB named Boar Jackson, or a QB named Joe Wyoming (or something like that). You get the picture. I'll hopefully be able to get a list of these guys for you, but it won't matter b/c you will see all of the ratings anyway. Again, no soap box.

Keep this in mind for things like trading, as draft picks are probably WAY MORE VALUABLE than the players you'd be getting. Again, no soap box.

(n) but now it is known and we will deal with it, so (y)

2. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

This just keeps getting better every day!!!!(n)

3. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Anyone have a firm date when they will release Gran Turismo 5?

4. scarface

scarface Walk On

better yet !!!
    anyone have the date when we vote to back to PC and madden 08?

5. Josh

Josh Guest

I've done an offseason offline, and I got some STUDS in the draft. Had a DE with 85 spd 91 str... a DT with 79 spd and like 90 str... both had high acc and agi too, don't remember them though. DE was like 85 ovr and the DT 79 ovr. Great for 1st and 2nd rnd picks.

6. Josh

Josh Guest

And something important to mention... Progression only happens once at the end of the season. While some players may go up like 5 ovr, it's only ONE progression, and there's no incentive program that those of us from OMFL had become accustomed to. EA thought of the fact that there's only 1 progression point, and I'm sure that's why the draft classes are a bit more fruitful than previously.

7. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Yeah, that much we knew. Another tidbit... the computer cuts guys from your team to make room for the rooks you signed. I'm not sure what logic is behind it (scrubs?) but it would make manually managing a sal cap a nightmare b/c there is no record of who was removed from what team.

8. Stykman

And that's EXACTLY what the issue is. "STUDS" in the 1st and 2nd round. Not to say that there aren't any, but there shouldn't be Studs all over the place. If we wind up with a bunch of Superteams, that's not really that much fun.

As far as Progression being once a season, OK. That's better.

If we are not going to be able to have a salary cap that's going to make for an interesting time. Without anything to hold guys back from making decisions on players, it could really set things out of balance. The purpose of a Salary Cap is to produce some sort of Parity. With us, it keeps teams from getting too good on paper. With the goal of Parity in mind, we could use another system. But I won't dive into the specifics now...unless we think we need to have a system in place for it.

9. scarface

scarface Walk On

GUYS What the fuck does it matter when we cant do shit about it, there is no discussion on this really it is what it is... shit, now lets move on.

10. Josh

Josh Guest

4thn1 has a cap system and it's worked great so far. We're heading in to week 3. I developed the workbook that keeps track of the teams cap situations. It's not hard, you just have to know what your doing.

11. Millertime

Millertime Guest

Whatever we lose in the off-season aspect of the game will be more than compensated for with the superior quality of the overall game. I finally played a full game last night, against Styk, and I feel it blows away the PC version. Just my 2 cents.

And more importantly, who the hell let Josh and Gotham back into the league? Why the hell wasn't I consulted?

Welcome back boys. And Polo, I'm coming for you. :)

12. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

It's great to be back Ted. Thanks.

13. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

MEGA's fallen on hard times, it seems. unlike you Ted I took a stand and said I wouldnt be in a league with those losers......................

14. scarface

scarface Walk On

Make sure you delete your history and cookirs man dont want your old lady to beat your ass because you are trolling these forums.

15. Stykman

Week 1 Goth. Me and you. Wanna let me know how many points you intend on running up on me?;)

16. Gotham

Gotham Walk On

I'd say Eagles -3.5, -30 on the over under?

17. Kan

Kan Walk On

Btw, Cutler looks awesome.

18. Josh

Josh Guest

I've never been in MEGA before now.... so it'd have to be "who let Josh INTO the league" lol

19. Luis

Luis Walk On

Its good to know. I didn't like the old one!!!

20. Stykman

And see I thought this Josh was the Old Josh...but apparently I am mistaken.

As for this New Josh... I give you Pledge name...Flounder!!!:D