Somthing I noticed last night.

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by JOEDESIGNS, Sep 28, 2009.

1. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Something I noticed last night.

Just a soft complaint...can we please up our kicking power? Dustin Hopkins can put the football through the goal post, but my Dustin Hopkins can't get it past the twenty. I'm not asking for superman kickoffs but I'd like to mimic reality. Maybe I'm the only one who feels like this. Other than that. I have no complaints.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm not sure if this was turned down or not, but last season this was one of my biggest complaints in the opposite direction. My kicker had TBs on about 70% of his kickoffs and it certainly made my defense a whole lot better as most teams needed to go 80 yards against me. In my game today, my kicker never got it into the endzone and CMU started about on the 30 on average.

I greatly prefer it this way than to having nothing but TBs as it's more difficult.

EDIT:
    I also like the feel of the FG kicking game this year too. Last year, I lead the nation in 50+ yard FGs and I'm pretty sure I had as many as the rest of the Big 10 combined. This year, in practice, I've found that my kicker can't even make a 47 yard FG with no wind if I don't adjust his trajectory. Even if I do adjust his trajectory he can't make it from 53 with no wind. Granted these things are because of the new kicker and not the sliders, but I'm just saying that these 2 combined makes the game more interesting for me.

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I understand, and I'm not asking for TB's but guys starting from the 35-40 is just irritating. Like I said...it's probably just me. :D

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

It isnt just AMP,

I personally hated our FG accuracy last season. Pwr I dont really know.

I struggled big time in that part of the game and it cost me two cpu games because I couldnt make a kick and then we all know what happens in EA football games when you miss a FG..

MO switches unis.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I like our kicking where it is, especially the accuracy. We are now liable to miss, which is something that happens a LOT more in college than our numbers even show now.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Shut up! I made maybe 50 percent of my kicks. I hate you and the Gators and cant wait to get our shot at you this season.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahahaha you da man; I'll see ya in Gainesville this time! ;)

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I understand that I probably am not a good example when it comes to kicking as my punter was a studly kicker, but last year I made 82% of my FGs. I didn't miss from inside the 40, only missed 1 from inside the 50 and was 3/5 from 50+.

I like our FG accuracy where it is.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

My kickoffs only go to the 15.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

We didn't change anything from last year did we?

My kicker usually kicked the ball around the 5 or goalline, very realistic for him and his ratings I thought.

I love the accuracy. You have to hit the line pretty closely and it's harder as you move to longer FG's. My kicker didn't stand a chance from 45+ power-wise. Felt just right.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I agree with Dat as far as field goal kicking. I am strictly talking about kickoff. I know my kicker is capable of more than what I see him do.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think we need to look at a scale when it comes to kicking. Example if we are thinking that only 90+ KPW guys should be able to boot it 50+, we need to look at how many guys are actually 90+ KPW. I like the accuracy where it is but maybe a +5 to kpw and kick off power.

13. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

The kicking cost me some too, but I like having to take XP's and FG's seriously now...Before it was AUTO-MATIC. Now, I have to really consider where I'm at on the field, where I'm at left to right, wind and if it's worth a shot. Love it.

Until I miss it...Ha.

14. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I hated the accuracy last year. I missed a ton. Yesterday's game saw my kicker miss 1 of 2. It was a 31 yarder that I hooked right. I now enjoy the accuracy. I dont want dead on FG's everytime I step up

As for kickoff's, I kicked off several times yesterday with all of them going between the 10 and 15 yard line.

15. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Field goals were tough. I ended up going 2-2. One 57 yard FG was good just over the cross bar (7 mph wind) and a 30 yard FG hit the goal post and bounced through!