SON OF A.......

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Nov 1, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

SON OF A.......

I just finished my UofM - UofM game, won 52-14 (very nice passing day by Forcier), added my stats to avid, selected the pic I wanted for my blog, exited out of the game and was then told that the dynasty had changed and it couldn't take my game.(n)(n)(n)

Off to play them again I suppose. (if someone gets hurt I'm gonna be pissed!)

2. jello1717

Hmmmmm. I guess I jumped the gun.

I went back in the dynasty and it shows my 52-14 victory after all.

Now, with the dynasty changing while I was playing my game and it telling me such afterwards, I'm a little skeptical that my game will actually take. I'm worried we'll have another Nebraska/LSU situation. Has anyone had experience with playing a game while the commish changes the dynasty from underneath you? Do you think my results will take (and does it show my 52-14 win for you guys too?) or do you think it could get screwed up like the Neb-LSU game?

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I back the week up everytime I advance, so if need be, we can go back. Hopefully that is not the case.

This is the problem with having your xbox live status always showing offline. I checked who was online, and who was in the dynasty, and no one was in either when I invited MaxAttack.

4. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Your stuff showed up in the dynasty for me when I checked...

5. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This raises a good point, and one that we've talked about recently. I think we need to make it an official rule that while you're playing your OD games (and while recruiting also unless you want to run the risk of losing your recruiting efforts for the week) you need to be visible on XBL. There are several good reasons for it, and I can't think of any good reasons not to do it.

So unless anyone has an issue with it, I'm adding it to our set of rules.

6. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I agree...I think we should all show as "online" if we're on. Not sure why anyone needs to use the hidden thing. I'm sure I'm clueless about why that'd be wanted/needed but it was always frustrating when Archie did it b/c I never knew if he was on or not if I had questions.

7. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

I saw this thread and thought I could offer some info. This happened to me in the Climbing the Ladder 360 dynasty last week. Got through my game, and it told me there were changes. I thought I would have to play again, but when I got back into the dynasty my game results took. When we advanced to the next week, everything looked fine.

From my experience everything should be alright, but just double check when you advance.

8. jello1717

That sounds promising. Thanx Hippo.

As far as my online status being hidden goes, it's just a privacy thing. I don't feel that it's anyone's business what I'm doing on my xbox. If it's made a rule, then I'll turn my status on (if I can remember how to do it) when I play in this dynasty and I'll turn it off again when I'm done. I didn't think it would be an issue as I thought that it'd show me as being in the dynasty when I'm playing, but apparently it doesn't (I know it does when I'm doing recruiting and looking through stats and what not.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

When you are actually PLAYING the game, it doesn't show you as being in the dynasty. It most certainly does while doing everything else in the OD (recruiting, looking at stats, etc.). If it doesn't log the proper score but it still shows you as the winner, we won't be going back. If it shows you with a loss, we will.

I would appreciate it if you did show as online when playing a game in our dynasty, just to avoid this type of thing in the future. I think everything will be fine when we advance, but heading off any potential problems would be the prudent thing to do when we have had so many issues in the past.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

There are several reasons it's good to be visible during your game. Several benefits to people being able to see the score of your game in progress is another one. Let's make it mandatory. Jello, would you mind? I think you get there with XBL button-settings-preferences-online status. Something like that.

11. jello1717

Yeah. I'll try to remember to turn it on for my E-League games. I know when AG and I played during year 1 neither of us could find it in the main XBL settings so we just stayed anon. I'm sure I'll be able to find it if I look hard enough.