Sooners Report

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by PepperNY, May 20, 2010.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Sooners Report

[​IMG]

#1 Oklahoma vs #2 Texas

(AP) Norman, OK - Its that time of year again, the annual Red River Showdown where the #1 spot was on the line. Bob Stoops vs Mack Brown, Sam Bradford vs Colt McCoy. This game was like a heavyweight title fight and the fans would not be disappointed. Texas was the favorite despite being ranked #2 and they would come out firing on all cylinders as they took the opening kickoff down the field tearing up the Sooners run defense. Bradford and the Sooners would respond however as Bradford would hook up with Gresham on a key play to tie the game.

After a back and forth 1st half the Longhorns enjoyed a 17-10 lead midway through the 3rd. The Sooners defense stepped up to force a 4th and 1 from their own 49 yard line and would punt the ball looking to back up Bradford and Company. They would do just that as they got a great bounce to have the ball down inside the 1 yard line. You would think that would be good but on 2nd and 10 from the 1 foot line Texas sent the house going for the safety and Demarco Murray would bust 1 for a 100 yard TD run on a spectacular run tot ie the game 17-17.

[YOUTUBE]boKP11geDG0[/YOUTUBE]

Unfortunately the Texas Coach had to leave so the 4th Qtr would be in the hands of the CPU and Colt Mccoy threw 2 INT's inside his 20 and the Sooners would turn that into 10 points. McCoy made 1 last effort to bring the team back scoring on just 3 plays but they were unable to recover the onside kick and Oklahoma would run out the clock and enjoy a 31-24 victory.

Key Stats:

RB Demarco Murray 22 car 180 yards 2 TD's
    LE RJ Washington 3 tkls 2 TFL 2 Sacks 1 INT

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Awesome writeup man. Glad someone is doing this besides me. :)

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

updated with the 100 yard TD run :D

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

5. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

thanks man. I look forward to reading everyones article and I also enjoy writing some myself from time to time.