Soooo, ummmmm..

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by CaddilacRockBox, Sep 18, 2009.

1. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Soooo, ummmmm..

How's about those 'Canes now?

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

4 points and your 1-1, not to mention GT's awful D. However, I'll give credit. Whipple's O looks great and Harris is gonna be a good one. Beat OK (with Bradford) then I'm sold. I eat crow grilled or fried.

3. CaddilacRockBox

Yeeeeahhh. I'm not going to bring up Jacksonville St. Either way, what some people predicted as 0-4, could turn out to be 4-0.

4. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Good win for the program but don't get too excited. FSU could have easily beat them and that was a tired GT team playing their 3rd game in 12 or 13 days. Its good to have a viable Miami team in college football though. I still don't believe in Randy Shannon.

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

You can bring up Jax St. We should be 0-2. I'm a logical Nole fan. Just don't be suprised for the U to lose 2-3 games. See you in Tampa.

6. CaddilacRockBox

I'm a logical Miami fan. We could lose 2-3 games. I have a hard time believing that we'll lose to Va Tech. We beat them last year and only scored 17. Our defense is much improved and I don't really have to bring up the offense. Bradford comes back and we lose to OU, I can live with that. Clemson and USF could be close, UNC will be a good one. Not UVA, Duke, FAMU, UCF.

7. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Haters, Hating on the U!

I have always liked Miami and I think they look great this year. I think they have a chance at beating OU. They very well could win with Bradford in the game. Only time will tell.

8. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Im just not sold on them yet

9. dub

dub Banned

sorry, have to jump in since it's my favorite team in the world. We just beat two ranked opponents. You do realize if we get through and are 4-0 we may be playing for the national championship, because other than UNC the schedule gets much softer..

right now top 15

we beat VT we're in the top 10

We beat Oklahoma we're in the top 5

AND the next two of these games may be on national television like the first two..

recruits and the media will be watching

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Its still Randy Shannon as head coach though and don't think he will ever be coaching for a national title.

11. dub

dub Banned

No love for Randy?
    Well dude is only in his third year coaching after being the defensive coordinator for "The U", so he hasn't really proven himself

Unfortunately people are allowed to have hate in their heart, it's the law.

As a fan of the Canes, we more than welcome the doubt.

"Without doubt/hate, there would be no motivation."
    by dub

12. CaddilacRockBox

I believe in Randy because although there are better coaches out there, there aren't any better for us. He knows what the U is, he recruits guys that want to be Hurricanes. That's why when our offer expired to Bryce Brown, we didn't extend a new one. We want guys that want to be here. With Whipple coaching the Offense, Shannon can focus on the defense. Call me an optimist.

13. dub

dub Banned

I agree, hate that we lost Bryce and all those Qb's transferring (Harris goes down, we're done), but he did make a statement. I haven't seen the offense look like this in years. Only thing I question is the secondary.

14. CaddilacRockBox

I feel much better about the defense with Telemaque and Moncur back. Looks much better.

15. dub

dub Banned

wow..we went from 20 to 9...Again, the fact that we've played these games with all eyes on us helps.
    a Monday and Thursday game, couldn't have asked foe better time slots for W's..

16. CaddilacRockBox

Yep and we have 3 more nationally televised games scheduled. Not to mention USF just lost their QB for the season.

17. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

if the canes can play like they did against GT and just sure up their special teams i only see them loosing 1-2 tops

18. dub

dub Banned

so this game is VT is pretty much for the division.

Huge test, if we can contain Taylor we win.