Sorry guys, but I need to say this

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Sep 28, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Sorry guys, but I need to say this

I know this will probably lead to all the crying baby pictures and the whole " switch to Wvu/Cincy" responses, but truthfully none of that is the point.

I think last night was a complete disgrace and abortion. Simply because Mon got 1 more vote and Bruce (who needed to sign only 1 Fucking player mind you) couldn't make any other day, we rushed to the off-season and 1/3 of the league got fucked.

As soon as the players leaving problem happened, that should have been a red flag that something was wrong. But ok fine, maybe that was cause the 4 of us got reinvited that week, so even ignoring that. Week 1 comes, the 4 of us get nothing in recruiting. Instead of saying ok, let's stop and figure this out, do the off-season tomorrow after we get the file right...nope let's plow thru and oops sorry guys. And why exactly? Cause the 4 of us actually did what was asked of us and retired...so we got screwed. Shit, I should be like ramirez and just never check the boards then.

Bly, mo and hr (I didn't have any) all lost star players cause their players leaving time never stuck. None of us were able to add new recruits and I know in my case (and assume theirs as well) even the 7 guys I was #1 or 2 on I lost out cause none of my time took. I left but I have to assume pos changes and cuts didn't take either for the 4 of our teams.

So let's review. Mo and hr had legit national titles hopes that are prob out the window now. Bly fell a year behind in the Pac 10 whose 3 other teams prob all finished with top 10 classes. And me, ugh. I prob have between 55-60 guys on my roster and prob took on 5 walkons. But Bruce, he signed his 1 player so its all good.

I know it's no one in the league's fault. It is all EA's for having a game with these problems. I just think its fucking lame that 1/3 of the league got screwed and there was never even the thought of hey, let's try to get this fixed and hold off on rushing thru the off-season tonite. Odds are, it wouldn't have been fixed, but I would feel alot better if an attempt was made. But whatever. Last time ill mention it since no one wants to hear me Bitch and moan.

/end. Rant
    /start. Flame juggs

2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah the two guys I lost, arguably my best players on both sides of the ball is going to hurt since I wasn't able to even recruit in the offseason. Ah well.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

In all seriousness Juggie, I do feel your pain.

Especially in a situation like Mo's, his whole outlook for the season is gashed.

I think part of it was that several of us were on chat knocking this stuff out, saving final rankings and what-not and it was not really noticed until the very end where we had everyone together. For instance, Pitt, USF, Wash, Wisco were able to sway players with no issue so it was tough to foresee a problem.

Another thing is, just from talking to Helli it seemed like he'd literally spent hours trying to figure out why we were even locked out in the first place and was tired of banging his head against the wall. Between being locked out and dickheads like Bruce who wanna cry like a wittle baby about their bowl game, I think anyone would be at their wits end.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was upset initially because
    1- the game gave me another loss which likely caused me not moving up a prestige to 5 stars
    2- me losing my top 3 offensive guys
    3- and I couldn't recruit for nothing. It wouldn't save for me.

I just thought that once we got out of the dynasty, we were fucked and really unless we took another step back by re loading from bowl games, that it wasn't necessary.

Truth be told those guys were pro ready, I signed a shyt load of guys. What's done is done, it's rebuilding time at rutgers so let's get this thing started!

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Yes I feel real bad for the 4 guys that got screwed but in all honesty when we found out I dont believe there was anything we could do. Helli already saved over the existed OD save. Therefore if we did retire and restart then none of us would have gotten to any of the off season. We were most happy that the file it self seems to be fine now.

The only suggestion is that is if I was doing the scheduling I would give you 4 guys easier schedules to allow for you move up a star and get into a bowl game. I don't think there is anything you can do.

It really sux and I hope it doesn't make you guyz disinterested in the league. If there is anything we can do to make up for it this season it should be done.

sidenote: Helli's said he spent the better part of the day trying to fix it and then having to try and win Bruce a bowl game (3X) which got totally fucked up anyway. He was pretty much at the end of his line.....he didn't know this would happen.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Shots fired!

8. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah i know, and i don't blame helli or anyone for any of this. just really sucks

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Well for not blaming anyone you dickbags sure bring me up alot.

I couldnt even really make last night but i stayed for as long as I could.

I may have had a good season recruiting last year but I got screwed too Mr. The game cost me my bowl game which may have cost me a star and signed two scrub ass G's that hogged up two spots for better players and then I got a transfer I dont want which ate another spot. My offseason was a complete mess..

The bottom line is everyone except a few lost out on one thing or another.

But this to me is a sign that I most likely need to step aside, got too much going on and if you really think we did it last nights offseason because its the only day I could make it then thats really messed up for the entire league.

With that I say cya and good luck to the new UCLA guy..he should have a heck of a team in a couple years.

I will retire out of the dynasty online here in a minute.

10. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i'm not big on pointing fingers. shit happens and anybody who's commished any league can tell you it rough and there are things that happen you just didn't expect.

with that said I think we need to take steps to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. not sure if Helli has a thumb drive, but I think we should be making backups at key points of the season (right before the season starts before the preseason is over ... before advancing to the offseason) so if something like this happens again we can go back easily.

I'd also like to ask that we retire this dynasty, rehost and reinvite everybody.

I'm concerned whatever was happening last night will happen again - only this time we're losing out a week on recruits at the start of a season.

11. Blaza

LOL, stop being a little poon Bruce. You aren't going anywhere!!!

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I don't think we need to retire it and re invite....that does not guarantee anything. We did that in uprising and everything looks great except now half the league cant see the dynasty wire and the email are fucked up.

No need to fix something that isn't visibly broken. We take a chance that is will fuck things up more. Saving the file IMO doesn't fuck things up and people should feel free to do so as long as they don't upload that file to an active Online Dynasty.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

I don't understand a word you are saying....

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

stop being a fag Bruce and enjoy your 24 signed recruits, #1 class, everyone wants to go there UCLA

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So does this mean the season is over now that Bruce took the ball and went home?

So what even happpened? The guys recruiting hours didnt stick? Happened to me a few seasons last year, luckily recruiting was a lot easier back then.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

The 4 guyz that were invited back into the dynasty at players leaving had no ability to do anything in the off season.
    HotRod
    Juggs
    BlyGilmore
    MoGriff

Mo got hit the worst....his Bowl game that he won some how got turned into a loss and he lost both WRs and Savage.

I honestly dont know what Bruce is mad about....he signed 25 good players this past season and has some studs interested in him this season....his team is setup to be retarded in a few years.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I can't believe we're doing this again. I have expressly asked so many times that we have these discussions via PM. I'm so fucking tired of being the league that just can't keep its egos in check, and is here to entertain everybody else.

Juggs you and I will hopefully always be cool, but let's stop with the BS like "I know it's EA's fault," you're blaming me. It's o.k. you have always had a strong sense of what's right/wrong and been willing to say it, and I appreciate that about you. It's me that rushed the offseason through, etc. I'm the only person to point the finger at. And that's what you're doing, pointing the finger. We can have a more honest discussion this way about this abortion and disgrace.

A lot of this just came down to time. I took the ENTIRE day yesterday to call EA, do a chat, do their testing utilities, send emails back and forth, trying to figure this out somehow or another. I needed to be working. Any reorganization or "redo" of the league would have led to TWO wasted days, most likely. Can I be honest here? I'm self employed, a day costs me a lot of money.

Ok so we're doing this. AGain. Start with the above, just personally speaking I didn't have two full days to waste with this. I needed to work today if I didn't at all yesterday. Trying to go with Monday had nothing to do with Rusty, I don't know how his name gets brought up here. Admittedly, I do a little extra to try and keep Rusty calm, because (and this is ironic) he's usually threatening to quit at the drop of a hat, and I like all you guys and don't want any changes to the league. And Rusty, if you would like to take the 3 hours I spent attempting to get your game played, positions changed, guys cut, etc, and still pop a squat on my head by quitting... Go ahead and do that. But the point with Monday was that it had more votes and it was the first available day. I called and spoke with people about whether they could make it, Juggs I thought wrongly that you were cool with it, etc. If there were a bunch of people saying "Helli, let's just stop please" I would have definitely considered that... Admittedly I would have said you guys commish because I don't have the time to do this all again. But i would have done it.

I tried to explain to Hotrod (over the phone, because no mic) Bly, Mo, etc. that they were definitely getting screwed and that I didn't feel good about it. But as mentioned before, I did overwrite the file, and I had asked everybody to delete all their saves. Even after the players leaving, I figured that was because they had just been invited back, etc. I knew Fosh had a file. But... he is working 6.5 days per week, how am I going to get him to take the several hours during the middle of the week to completely redo this. In hindsight I probably should have had JMS start as the commish but again, we couldn't get everybody to quit out like we asked. I appreciate you four guys (of 11) quitting when we asked, lol... but at some point managing all this just becomes a joke and a time sink.

I feel the vast majority of us got very little in the offseason, I got maybe one guy to that could contribute. Juggs you said yourself there was no guy even interested prior to knowing that the recruiting wasn't going to take. Combine everything with the fear that the file was just going to corrupt and lock us out permanently, and I just felt that we needed to get through the offseason. So I pushed through.

I agree that we need to be on an even playing field and it sucks that certain guys got dicked. At the same time i just felt very strongly that if we went back to the previous save, tried to invite everybody, that just as many if not more things could go wrong. I hate to blame EA for my decisions but I don't fully trust their product at this point. It's like jeez, it's working, well let's get past the offseason trouble spot. That seems to be where everything breaks down.

I'd be o.k. with re-doing the entire offseason and do a day-by-day offseason advance. JMS and Fosh have saves, if one of them wants to be the commish we can take the time needed to get everybody retired and have them just host a new one. So figure that out amongst yourselves if that's something you guys want to do, and get it going. Let's say this... Four guys got really screwed. I will put my vote here to redo the offseason. If you four will vote that way (for a total of 5) we'll do it and have JMS or Fosh host the file.

If we don't get those four votes in this thread i will do the schedule and advance well after midnight EST, tonight.

I love all you guys, you're all my TEAMMATE! MY QUARTERBACK! Please stop the threats of quitting and drama, and next time don't be afraid to tell me what i need to be told in the heat of the moment.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

uhh....I overwrote the file last nite.

Fosh would be the only one with the file....sorry.

HEY! I work!.....lol

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I mean that's part of the problem too, just simply having files on your HD seems to have a negative impact on the file stability, what are we to do? I can't have a catalogued list of past saves, it ruins shit! lol.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Helli you have this calm demeanor lol, I think people are afraid of telling you what to think.

I'd love to restart the offseason...I'm looking at my roster now and it's a big LOL...I'm literally starting my recruiting class this season.

But if we press on, I won't bitch, i'ma still talk my shit and try to kick ass with what I got.

21. Blaza

We press on!! Like men!!!!

22. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I cool with whatever we do. It would be cool to have the opportunity to persuade those 2 guys back as it would make a huge difference for my starting lineup. However, it's not the end of the world and at the end of the day I just want to have fun and play games and abuse JMS' secondary every season.

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

a more level-headed commish may be in order then. I took the first step and won't be on the mic, maybe we could have somebody else be commish for step two. :)

Here is vote 1 of 4 :)

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Here is vote 2 of 4

25. Blaza

Either way someone gets screwed.

If we start over then 8 guys have their guys leaving all focked up.