Sorry Guys

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by Austin1990, May 27, 2014.

1. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it’s time for me to step down from both of my NCAA leagues. It has nothing to do with either league, any of the people in them, or my interest in the game. I have to retire because I will be leaving the country next week and will be traveling in two week blocks for the entire summer, and will have no way to keep up with either league. When I get back on August 1, I am hoping there will be some sort of resurgence of interest in NCAA with new rosters and I will look to join up again then if there are others in the same boat.

The Flashback has been the best dynasty I’ve ever been a part of and the most fun I’ve ever had playing NCAA, and it has nothing to do with my W-L record. You guys have been great and I’ve had some incredible nail-biting games against hornfaninbama and SunofGod5 that I would say were some of the greatest ever. BPHusker , you’re a great guy and I’ve enjoyed getting to hang out on offseason nights via XBL Chat. qclassic 22 you’ve given me some close games too and I respect how dedicated you were to that North Texas squad.

hornfaninbama is an EXCELLENT commissioner and I hope the league keeps going strong throughout the summer. I’ll be around here and there when I can, but I would just hold everyone back if I tried to stay in the league while I’m traveling all over the place.

I have one last request before I go: Can I play this last CPU game and just blow them out of the water to see how many I can score? This UCF team is the best I’ve had on here and I always have to quit scoring at halftime so I just want a game to let ‘er rip, if you know what I mean.

Thanks again guys, it’s been a lot of fun. Best of luck to all of you, sorry none of you got to take me down :p.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Even though you kicked the shit out of me in every game, it was still a good time. Have fun traveling and stay safe! :)

hornfaninbama I vote to see how much he can score. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I'm going to miss you man. You've been an excellent guy to have around and I am very happy we were able to have you here as long as we have.

It sucks to lose, not just a player and coach of your caliber, but someone who brought so much to the experience here. I think we have gotten to know each other a little bit and I'm proud to call you a friend.

I hope you have a good time travelling this summer, and we will hold your place until you come back.

As far as points go, I'll leave this week up til tomorrow night at 10 so you can roll up as many as you want. Go nuts.

It's nice to know the national title race has opened up a bit though I've got to say. Enjoy your trip, and keep an eye on us when you can. Roll Tide buddy and don't expect me to hand over the Longhorns if I'm able to make that jump before you come back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. SunofGod5

SunofGod5 Walk On

And I was so excited about playing you in the National Championship (pending Navy does what the need to do).

Well it was an honor playing you as well.... I was so close on figure out that option.

Best of Luck to you and yours!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. hornfaninbama

Austin1990 I'm going to leave you in the OD, and if you and SunofGod5 end up matched up I'd like to see y'all knock out an all user title game. But that's entirely up to you. Shouldn't be more than a week or so til we get there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I appreciate it; however, I leave on Tuesday. I see myself being able to play Sunday night or Monday night but that puts everyone else in a bind and it would be ridiculous to ask someone else to take a sim on my behalf. I'd love to play SunofGod5 again but it would be tough to get us to bowl season that quickly.

I'll go ahead and play this weeks game tonight; hopefully I don't screw up and barely put up 21 or something haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

119-33. Really thought I had another TD in me but I couldn't get the ball back at the end of the game. That was fun though haha.

Thanks for the kind words fellas I'll be around when I have a chance throughout the summer and I'll be ready to go in the fall if you guys still have that NCAA itch when the real football season is about to get started.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hornfaninbama

No problem. Be safe and have fun.

9. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

Hahaha

10. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

Sorry im late it's been tough for me this season to get on. It was great playing with you even though I could never figure you out for a whole game. Hope you have safe travels and return safely

• Like Like x 1