Sorry to bring this up again.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Sep 30, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Sorry to bring this up again.

Last night I played the Vikings and I usually control Patrick Willis the entire game. Now under the rule you cannot control players pre-snap I did not control Willis till the snap of the ball. The problem I had was that Willis and I would think every other LB are very active and constantly moving by themselves. On some plays Willis would go up to the LOS between the tackles or move outside the tackle right over the TE and I'm thinking to myself Tank is probably thinking I got this guy moving all over the place and that I'm trying to cheat. Now some times I didn't mind computer moving the man all around but other times he was way out of position to make any type of play on the ball. In the 2nd half I would just tap my stick to stop Willis from moving once the huddle broke and it work in stopping him moving around but when I do LB shifts only the 2 outside LB would move, Willis doesn't move anymore so I lose the ability of Willis shifting along with the others.

My question is I don't have a problem with the no pre-snap movement rule but is there any flexibility in the rule or should I continue to let the cpu do what he wants and I take over once the snap is done?

Even though I did not move Willis at all, they way it looked if I was on the other side of the ball was that my opponent is controlling him the entire way.

2. Josh

Josh Guest

good question, looking forward to the chosen ones responses.

3. Kan

Kan Walk On

As one of the LB controllers in leagues past, I have allowed the LB to move whereever the cpu moves him. However, if he was moving somewhere I didn't like, I would reset the play, which moves the LB back to the starting position.

4. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Well stated. The L2 audible to reset to the original play will reset any defender you have that creeps around where you don't want him.

This is certainly a holdover rule from the PC days which we can evaluate over time, but it's never really been a problem.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I don't think any of us from the Pc league has ever had a problem with the cpu moving the players on it's own. Even if the person has control of that player and you can usually tell if the player is moved by a human or the cpu. When the cpu moves a player, the player usually does a very slow walk to where he's going. Yet when a player is moved manually by a person he moves very quickly.

6. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Right, and that still seems to apply... Also, we used the 'reset' audible a lot b/c, on the PC version, you'd get a lot of the 'fake blitz' guys walking up to the line when you didn't want them to.

7. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I will practice more with the reset option. Willis moves fast so at times it was looking as though it was me. It will take some practice but I can get it down.

8. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Not sure what that comment meant...but I see you are "retired", so I won't pursue this any further.

9. adross33

adross33 Walk On

as a new member I take the rule as more of a protection against the old fashion cheesie poof crap where you could click one and move LBs all over the place to create nano defenses .... I certainly don't have a problem with players that use a MLB and even bring him up in a GAP (like real football) .... its the moving a DE to the other side of the field and clicking off at the last second ... or dragging and placing defenders that while not as effective as in the past still at times works in todays version .... Some of the rules fit better with older versions where things use to get out of hand .. VG Sports anyone?

Clicking the L2 button takes a little consideration from the offense too ... hit it at the wrong time and you could see your CPU coverage defender walk away just as the ball is snapped ... on the wrong quick route ... its completed ... I'm for just letting you control one player with no click offs ... unless its after the snap ... if you wanna bring the FS down into the box and blow your coverage assignment ... I don't mind taking 6 ;) ...