Spartans no match for Stanford

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TRudethaDude, Jul 16, 2011.

1. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

For the first quarter of this game San Jose St. thought they were going to hang in with some hard hitting defense. Stanford led 10-0 on a FG after a turnover and a punt returned the other way.

Unfortunately Stanford behind the running legs of Andrew Luck broke this one wide open in the 2nd quarter with 17 points more compared to the 0 the Spartans had. 27-0 at the half. Luck finished the game with 7 att. for 68 yards and every single one of those runs were crucial must stops for the defense. Luck was clearly the best player on the field.

In the third qtr and 4th qtr the Spartans scored on two separate long plays to their slot WR Kyle Nunn. He was the one and only bright spot for our team and we look to the rest of the bunch here to feed off of his energy from the season opener.

Next the Spartans travel down to So Cal to face unranked UCLA.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

dude, the qbs take off ALL THE TIME. i guess i like it in terms of if we are just gonna sit back then they should run but it happens ALL the time, lol. no matter which qb it is.

3. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I found that out the hard way unfortunately.

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

Especially when your in man and all your defenders are 30 yards down field.

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

lol... i have run unbelievably little man defense. which is unusual for me, but our guys are not even close to good enough to keep up one-on-one!

6. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Yeah I've gotten burned playing man just like that. Nothing but open field for the QB.