Sparty -- Disco?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sparty -- Disco?

What happened?

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I've never had a CPU game disconnect...what's up wit dat?:)

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

In my other OD today, I was playing the CPU and lost my connection to XBL (my internet went out for a minute). I just finished the game, reconnected to XBL and everything was fine. I don't understand how to get a disconnect in a CPU game short of a power outage.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hey, sorry, i meant to get on and explain and do my write-up for the game and everything yesterday but I didn't get around to it. It wasn't a disconnect in the sense that it was an internet issue, my entire box locked up and I had to restart the system. I have the game installed but it still happens every once in a while, and more frequently lately (had it happen in mass effect a couple days ago too). I was only at the start of the 2nd quarter when it happened so I wasn't too upset by it. I'll do the write up in my blog tonight of the game.

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

JC, after consulting with Dat, we've decided to throw the results of your game out and sim it. I was on and saw that you were down 28-7 in the second quarter. Then, when I checked to see if you had made any comeback, you were up 14-7 in the first. This and the fact that "I was only at the start of the 2nd quarter when it happened so I wasn't too upset by it" leads us to believe that you pulled the plug on the game. I have no way of knowing if you're actually telling the truth, but you've been an upstanding league member to this point and this is your first issue.

For how bad it looks, we almost went with a harsher penalty. It is just really fishy.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I guess that's understandable, but I have no problems taking a CPU loss, as noted by previous seasons, and especially with this team and in this league. You guys do what you have to I guess if there's nothing I can do about it, but it was a legitimate lockup. A sim is disappointing to me because I won but I was loosing anyway before it froze and should probably have had a loss. I hope this doesn't reflect poorly on me for the future, I definitely wasn't trying to cut any corners.

7. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Basis, please remember this was the same reason I got the DEATH Penalty concerning recruits. I'm not arguing your call Basis, but would like to voice my opinion.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I was wondering when Amp would chime in. As he said this is the same, exact thing that got him hammered. I think the only difference was that for Amp, it was the week that he signed Baker. I know that if this happened to me and I got the penalty that Amp got and then someone later does the same thing and gets no real penalty, I'd be upset too.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Noted, but I didn't make that decision. If you'll recall I was the most supportive of you.

JC: It doesn't really change anything for the future. I still think you're a nice guy, and we like having you in the league. I tend to believe you that it was a legit lockup, but I also saw the thing with the score. There is no way to prove it either way, so we have to do SOMETHING. There is a chance that you'll even win the sim. All I'm doing is throwing the result of the game out and letting the CPU decide it.

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I do remember, but this is yours and Dats show now. Thanks for noting my opinion.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I don't want to blow it out publicly here, but Amp since you were the one to bring it up, just reminding you that it definitely wasn't your first offense. It was a final-warning kind of thing. Different situation.

JC, whatever happened, you made 2 mistakes. First, if you have a disconnect, get on the board and post right away. Second, when you do post, you should make mention of the point of the game, score and any injuries. Especially if you were losing. This is why, even if it was a legit lockup, I have no remorse with issuing the penalty.

On a seperate note, just a reminder to the league, especially the newer guys, that we don't use promises in offseason recruiting. Max is serving a 1 week recruitng penalty for violating the rule. I believe it was an honest mistake.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Noted. You did what you had to, don't care too much because I should have lost the game anyway the first time, in fact this might be better because I lost my RB to injury in the replay, though I didn't check to see how long.