Special Message from the Whitesox organization

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by soxandgators, Mar 21, 2013.

1. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Jul 16, 2010
    Minnesota Twins Owner Dies
    Friday, July 19th, 2019
    The Minnesota Twins announced today that team owner Jim Pohlad had died today of natural causes. A team spokesman told reporters that funeral arrangements were undecided at this time. It was expected that Pohlad's son would succeed him as owner. Lall Pohlad has been deeply involved in the club's operation in recent years and the transfer of ownership should run smoothly. Fiscally, Pohlad is said to be controlling and tolerant in character.

The Whitesox organization would like to wish the family of Mr Jim Pohland all the best wishes and condolences. Losing a member of the twins family is a deep hurt we in the Whitesox organization reach out too and ask if there is anything we can do our door is open. Jim Pohland took over the Twins when his father Carl passed in 2009. Carl had owned the Twins since 1984 and now that his grandson is taking over we wish Lall Pohlad and his family a smooth transition. The Whitesox would like to dedicate the life of Jim Pohland by wearing patches in honor of him during the 7 games the two teams play in the next 11 days. We really look forward to taking all 7 games to honor the entire Pohland family.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Ken Welsch

Ken Welsch BTFD!

Nov 15, 2011
    Obviously, the entire Minnesota Twins organization is deeply saddened by the passing of Mr. Pohlad. His contributions to the team, as well as the Twin Cities, will not soon be forgotten, and Major League Baseball will surely mourn the loss of one of its pioneers.

Lall Pohlad will be taking over in his grandfather's footsteps: "Today is a day of mixed emotions. Obviously, my entire family is distraught at Grandpa's passing, and quite simply, it won't be the same without him. And yet, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm excited to be taking over my beloved Twins. Grandpa Jim has groomed me for this since I was a teen and I'm ready to do whatever I can to guide them to a championship and realize his dream."

He completed the press conference by taking out the hats of the other teams in the AL Central division and lighting them on fire. Respectfully, of course.

And the Twins fans cheered.
    • Like Like x 7