Speed Chart

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just thought I'd post a link to an old post with speed numbers and their associated 40-times. We tend to elevate these numbers, so it's good to have a base. Just thought you guys might find it useful.

HERE IS THE LINK

2. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Bumpity Bump for those of you who haven't seen it.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Arch', how is this useful?

4. The Dude

It gives you an idea what a certain stat will be when recruiting. Sometimes the grades can be deceiving.

Example - I'm recruiting a five star HB with B ratings in SPD, ACC, AGI. He also ran a 4.5. Looks like his speed is (or is very close) to 86. I don't need a guy who's 95 on day one, but I like him to be 90+ by the time he's getting snaps, and this helps me determine where he'll be coming in.

Now, this is a year old, so I'm not sure how it translates to 12, but I bet it's still close. Just a tool. That's all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Dude

It also tells me his grade is at least close to accurate. Not all of them are. I've seen guys with A ratings run 4.5+ and be busts early on as "speed" guys.

6. egofailure

That's pretty pimp; thanks for posting. I'll test the table this season and see how accurate it is once my recruits ratings are revealed.

7. The Dude

I've noticed that there isn't a great deal of speed out there this year. there are guys, but not as many as there usually are. I'm usually able to snatch up a three star return guy or something, or get a project guy at corner with good athleticism but sub-par skills. These guys do well late in their careers.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

So my freshman 5 star RB Williams should be running at a 4.2 here soon since he is already at a 4.3 as a freshman...SWEET!

9. egofailure

Uh oh. My prediction? ;-)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

egofailure

LOL That is pretty good, but no you know you won't have to worry about that. He is just going to be the second coming of Marcus Lattimore that is all.