Speed Threshold

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jul 19, 2011.

?

Speed Threshold - What should it be set at?

1. 35...its fine the way it is!

50.0%
  2. 50...everyone else is just too damn fast for my crappy team!

50.0%
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So, I moved our speed threshold to 35, where we had it last year. What im noticing with these crappy teams is the corners and safeties are catching up to everything thrown, even when the receiver has a good 3 yards on the guy (im talking while the ball is in the air). So, im gonna put a poll up. Keep the threshold at 35 or move it back to the default 50. This is the only slider I changed when we started this OD. Let me know your thoughts.

omega41
    MexiRican35
    gowazzucougs
    JFace907
    whygodwhy1111
    Cheez
    Darr27z
    aarondramp
    mboda
    dakota7

2. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I don't think that I know enough about how it works to vote. Can someone explain?

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

50 is the default...if you lower it, say to 35, it makes the speed differential between players greater. The fast get faster. 35 was perfect for last years version but im seeing some things that make me wonder about this years game with the improved defense against the pass. When you play, see if you notice the corners catch up speed or getting to balls after your receivers have 3 yards in between them.

4. aarondramp

I've definitely noticed that. The computer defenders fly to the spot in zone this year. After how badly our teams have been beat down so far, the default probably wouldn't hurt.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Now are we referring to our cornerbacks, or the CPU opponent? I played BSU and their cornerbacks did a tremendous job, my other game was a user so everything was back to the default.

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't know if the speed threshold reverts back to default in user games. Its not technically a slider.

Im referring to the CPU in general. Our teams don't have speed :)

7. sreese

sreese Walk On

maybe i shouldnt vote yet but this game plays pretty well on default. Ill give you a better idea after my game.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You should know more after playing Oklahoma State :)

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Against LSU, I threw 4 picks and I swear every pass was to a guy who was open but the CPU player caught up or made a break on the ball to pick it. Not sure if that's what you're looking for recheem, but that's what I experienced.

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thats exactly what im talking about...im thinking it has something to do with the speed threshold. On some basic out routes against man, my receiver would have a good 3 steps on the guys, I would throw and bam! pick city. Im thinking putting the threshold back to 50 might at least slow those guys down a touch.

11. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

If Dakota's example is what you are talking about, I just chalk it up to the CPU having better players. I mean you played Stanford, UCLA, and LSU. Those teams are going to have better players. Recchem your team has an OVR rating of 63, they are bad. I think they are so bad, I might do an offline dynasty with SJSU to see how bad they really are. If you feel the need to make it better so we don't continually get killed, I am fine with it. But I would wait until we get into conference play before adjusting just to see how it looks against evenly bad teams.

12. aarondramp

UCLA is just an 80 OVR...they're not as bad as Washington State, but it's a pretty terrible BCS team. :)

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I thought about that as well cougs and you may well be right. I wasnt going to change the threshold right away, probably not even until next season but it just seemed odd to me how quickly they were covering open receivers. But I agree lets see how it plays against lesser teams than the one's I've gone against.

Offline, I beat UCLA but did score a defensive TD and a hail marry before half time :) Im 3-1 in my offline dynasty with them using the same threshold so go figure :confused:

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

-1 point for aaron!

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, regardless of how the vote goes, im going to keep the threshold at 35 for this season. So, play your games and at the end of the season we can come back to this topic. Just keep an eye on this and post here if you see anything crazy from fast players!

16. Jax351

Jax351 Walk On

Hey Guys...

Long time no talk... Rec.. I have heard that for this years version 42/43 is the magic number for the Threshold...

Just an FYI..

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thanks Jax! You back in the mix, looking for a league?