Spin Move

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Am I the only one that thinks the spin move is the only button move that needs to be completely reworked? You don't see too many in real life, and generally it is to spin out of a defender's grasp, not have them overrun you and do it in the open field. The spin move in NCAA is almost cheese-like in my opinion, and doesn't look good from an animation standpoint. If they fixed the animation it might be decent, but I'm not sure I like it in the game at all. The stiff arms, jukes, trucking, etc. all looks good and flows well with the rest of the animations, but the spin move looks awkward and can be taken advantage of. Any recommendations as to what EA could do here?

2. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

They could hire you to run a talent show looking for best spin move lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    The spin has tons of momentum up field I feel. It's too quick as well. Slow the spin a tad and have it more of a Lateral movement instead of a pirouhette type spin.

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I like the spin move in this years game.

They kinda took more away from juke and added more to spin.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Try using the juke stick to spin instead. I know, in Madden at least, it is much, much more realistic yet still effective if used correctly.

Also, pirouette great freaking word man. Vocab champ of the day right there.

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

They should plant and spin. Most spins that actually work in real life are when a player plants a foot hard like he's cutting one way and then spin the opposite. I can't think of anytime I've seen a guy running upfield, spin and continue running upfield without at least a hint of changing direction.

I actually like the spin/wrap-up animation if you hit spin after contact. You'll fumble alot so it's risky to go after those extra yards. Anyway, a good example of planting and spin is here:

7. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think they'd need to improve the juke a bit then.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I get blown up when I try to spin...I just put my head down.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's a little lame this year but in Tradition I rarely see people using it. I'm willing to bet that's why.

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That best is when you spin into the tackler roll from one of his shoulders to the other and neither player loses momentum. The running back just keeps going up field while the defender goes right by.....

Normally when the spin move fails for me I like to hop around like I hurt my ankle or something and hope that Cris Collinsworth keeps likcing my nuts.

11. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

i did a spin move on your mom last night :p

haha jk :D

12. rice4114

rice4114 Walk On

Whaaaaaaa?

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Aaron freaking Rodgers

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I only do it with the CPU as they know exactly what your going to do. Say your running to the right and have a huge lane Now it's you and the fs. Your going north and the fs is coming at you se. The logical would be to either use his momentum and juke back towards the middle of the field. You can't do that with the juke because the CPU 99% makes the play. The only move that works is the spin so I look at it as the juke move... In user games you don't need it and can actually use the juke button to work, because the user doesn't know what your going to do..

Hope that made sense lol

15. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

This. As much crapola as the CPU pulls, I feel no remorse using the spinmove on them. I love it when I audible to a draw play and the CPU brings his backers into the box. Cheating sob.

16. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Spin is no more broken than running to the outside (defenders don't play contain responsibilities) or man bump n run coverage. Man press is, by far, the most broken thing about this game.

I've been using spin since '09. I use it to change directions ie running outside and spinning inside if a single defender has pursued too far. It is pretty ridiculous that you can spin and not be changing directions and the near defenders will blow their load though. I'm trying to use it less.

17. plex

plex Walk On

They have a realistic spin move in the game it looks like the one Hardesty did in the youtube vid above. Going to practice will help you perfect it. While running push the (RS) to the right or left, as your player performs a Juke quickly in a "U" motion swing the (RS) to the opposite side. If down correctly, the player will plant then spin. This spin however DOES slow down the players momentum as it should.;)

18. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

yeah, its one of my favorite moves.

Believe it or not, the double juke is a very good one in open field. Try it

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Yeah I've been using the double juke a lot lately, it works VERY well, especially if you're in the open field one on one with a defender

20. Gyrene76

and you have to admit, it is the most satisfying move to use on a defender (other than maybe a hurdle!)

21. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I really dig the plant and spin move. It's so great when you roll the right stick around just right and he busts that perfect spin that makes a defender fall down.

22. Gyrene76

Stick skills aren't paramount of being a good player, but they help a lot!

23. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

It's more for entertainment purposes than a necessary part of
    No doubt, it's much more for show than a key to winning.