Sporting CP

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Connor, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Connor

Connor Walk On

First Week in the Books for Sporting CP
    Sporting CP began their TFL debut week against two strong opponents: CSKA and Schalke 04. Sporting came out very nervous against CSKA and played tentative. This resulted in lots of chances for CSKA. Sporting was able to take a 1-0 into half that was quickly gone in the first two minutes of the second half. Chances were few in the second half and halfway through the second half, only one point was the goal for the first game of the season. The point looked to be in sight until what fans around Lisbon are calling the stoppage time shocker. CSKA was pushing late in the game when the fourth official help up the sign that read 2 minutes. Sporting attempted to gain possession and clear the ball out of danger, but attempts were thwarted as every clear went straight to a CSKA man. With all but 10 seconds left in the game, Honda won a 50/50 ball and buried a ripper from the 18' to win the game and 3 points for Moscow nation. Disappointment was seen on the players face after the game. In the post-game interview manager Carlos Freitas was not as worried. He stated, "We played a decent game today. Being a new team in the TFL is difficult; luckily every other team in this league is new as well. Each team will be nervous. We'll just have to capitalize in the future. I see good things to come in the next few games. As for our goal at the end of the season, I'd love to play in L1 next year. Whether or not that is realistic or not remains to be seen."​
    Just a day after the late let down game, Sporting played Schalke 04. In a game that was greatly dominated by Sporting, shot totals numbered 22-5, a large score was not shown. However, Sporting owner was pleased with the result. Connor stated, "This game wasn't about a large result. This game was about confidence. With a win behind our belts we know we can contend in the TFL and look to push for a top 3 finish this season."​
    Sporting CP is hoping to add 2 more wins this next week with games against Udinese and Santos, in 8th and 10th place respectively.​

• Like Like x 2
  2. Connor

Connor Walk On

Sporting CP eyeing League 1 After Friendly Win
    Today Sporting CP played the LA Galaxy in a friendly. The game was a success for the Portuguese who won 7-1, only giving up a goal on a free kick to the man who "bends it." This win gave Sporting lots of confidence for the rest of the season. With the Galaxy currently sitting in first fans believe this 7-1 win means they can beat those who Galaxy beat. Fans, manager and players alike know this is not always how the game of soccer works. Owner Connor stated, "Anybody can win on any given day, all you can do is prepare. However, with this said our goal is to finish top 3 this season, anything lower is a failure." In response to the loss owner I Like Narwhals said, "I can tell you that was one of the worst i've played. I never knew your team was that fast." Sporting hopes to keep up the form in this weeks matches versus Udinese and Santos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Connor

Connor Walk On

Sporting CP notches huge win at Wolfsburg
    5 games into the TFL season Sporting CP is 3-1-1. Owner Connor is pleasantly pleased. In a press conference after the cold and snowy game in Wolfsburg he said, "Yeah, these games have been great. Our team has been winning, but more importantly we're having fun. We actually have started a little competition between Helder (Postiga) and Simon (Vukcevic) who will score more goals this sesason. Helder got off to a great start this year, but in two games Vukcevic has notched 5, including one had trick today. Each finds themselves at 5 goals and in contention for the golden boot. What i love about them is that they aren't selfish. I think on a couple of the goals today one found the other passing up a shot to get the assist. They care about winning first and foremost. I believe with this win we're now in 2nd place and we couldn't be more thrilled." postiga.jpg Postiga and Vukcevic celebrate after a goal and assist. Each has 5 goals on the season.

4. Connor

Connor Walk On

Sporting CP Pleased After End of Hectic Week 3
    Sporting CP finds themselves in first place after the end of a hectic week 3. During the week, news was delivered that two teams the LA Galaxy and CSKA were not following league rules. Fans in around the league were abhorred and even went as far to say that the only reason they were in first and second were because they were cheats. These have not been confirmed as anything more than rumors. In addition to these two bannings, Udinese gained a new manager after their former one could not manage his team. The banning of CSKA removed a loss from Sporting and now they are undefeated. The manager of Udinese was able to play their fixture, in what turned out to be a very competitive game. Izmailov tied they game up for Sporting and Vukcevic and Postiga added goals to their already high tally marks this season. Vukcevic now has 6 and Postiga is tied for first with 7. At the end of week 3 Sporting is 4-1-0 and is in first place in League 1. Connor was asked about the happenings around the league and was pleased to say, "I think it's all for the better. We may not get to play as many games, but the quality will be much higher. And hey it helps Sporting, we get a second chance, we no longer have loss. We look forward to next week."

5. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

*takes pictures at press conference* Mr Manager Sir! How does the banning of CSKA ease up your season!?

6. Connor

Connor Walk On

In response to the question Manager replies, "CSKA was a great team, but their manager gave everyone a bigger headache than hedache. He was good so that made him even worse to play. He could have easily been in the Premier League in two season."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Can't let him see that without a tag. ;)

hedache

8. hedache

hedache Walk On

Maybe he didn't want me to see it, and now you ruined this club page by inviting me into it.

9. Krebstar425

Shit. I never thought of that. Not him not wanting you to see it, but the ruining his club page part. I of all people should know first hand how that goes. You even hijacked mine!

10. Connor

Connor Walk On

Damnit get off my page. Lol nah now more ppl can see it.

11. Krebstar425

Oh it's gone now. Just keep updating and pretend we're not here. Just don't stop updating.

12. Connor

Connor Walk On

Do you see how often i'm on this site. I don't think I could stop updating.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hedache

hedache Walk On

So mr connor, how come you mention your 7-1 friendly against LA but not the losses against Galatasaray and Bolton if im not mistaken? ;)

14. Connor

Connor Walk On

Haha niether of those teams are in the TFL, next time we play I'll be sure to post something. Oh and also do you see how I'm doing in L2? I can't let those guys think I can be beat lol

15. hedache

hedache Walk On

I havent checked but I assume you're doing good. It's good to see what could be coming up from L2 :)

16. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

Oh gawd -.- hedache ruins everyones club page by tellin them how bad he was with turkey and how "good" he got with OL

17. hedache

hedache Walk On

Never said either one of these. Please stop typing off your ass.

18. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

im sorry my ass is so talented :3

19. Connor

Connor Walk On

Neither of your asses are big enough news to be on the Sporting CP page.

20. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

im the news writer smart one -.- I write whose on the news...the question is DO YOU want to be on the news page this week :p

21. Connor

Connor Walk On

This is portugal news. They have different standards. Lower standards but in a way much for exclusive.

22. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

but who gets all the news from the other League News's? I do.

23. Connor

Connor Walk On

I don't know how to responds to this. Press conference over

24. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

that wasnt even apart of the press conference >:O

25. Connor

Connor Walk On

Sporting is Confident After Winning Two Friendlies
    Today Sporting CP played a duo of friendlies against strong opponents, League 2's Athletic Bilbao and League 1's Valencia. Owner Connor said, "At this point in the season we are looking to get better. Currently we are in first and comfortably in first as we will have to lose a game to drop. Therefore, we are trying to play good competition. We are scheduled against Athletic next week and we wanted to see what type of game they play. We got some crazy goals and won 4-2, but we still need to play better against them next week. We also played a friendly versus Valencia and won 4-0. We felt good after this game since it is the second L2 team we have beat. We look forward to more friendlies and hope we can improve." Sporting will play Athletic Bilbao and PSG next week.