Sportsmanship and NCAA 2010

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BDSDIGITAL, Jun 13, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Sportsmanship and NCAA 2010

With us winding down on the ncaa 2010 season, I thought this would be a good time to acknowledge some people for their sportsmanship. Some guys here have an emblem for showing good sportsmanship, but there are alot of guys that deserve a thumbs up for being great sports. (y)

Just off the top of my head:

Twist - Is an awesome sport. Takes the game for what it is...a game and has fun with it.

Bondzai - The ultimate good sport.

Dru - Is a great sport, but he doesn't lose very often so it's hard telling :p

Astealthyhippo - Is also a great sport. Is very considerate of his opponent and also takes it for what it is.

Beazus - Probably my favorite dude to play. Is truly just having a good time with it win or lose.

There are plenty more around this site, just thought I'd give a shout out tko some of my favorite opponents here.

Also I am curious how everyone did in this years game. I figured I'd post my stats and record to compare notes with everyone else.

[​IMG]

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

C2C

I've never played Bond but have been through 5 seasons with him and he is probably the top of the class.

BDS- I played him once and from what I recall he was a very good sport.

Twist- He is up on Bond's level when it comes to the end of the game and shaking hands.

Hippo- Played him once in the Trifecta and I think he is the one that made me laugh how my defense plays like Velociraptors

Jugg- hard for him to take a loss when it comes down to computer and it deciding when it turns the ball over

Dru- Doesn't lose much but takes it well, but not when his halfback fumbles at the 3 going in for the GW TD.. :D

Beazus- Loves to trash talk and I like playing the guy especially with our FSU-Miami rivalry

brave- Doesn't lose much and runs his team well, accepts defeat

Papa Perry- a great sport, and when he is down he usually goes to whoever is in the Heisman race for his team.. :p

Max- great opponent, very tough to beat and doesn't lose much but owns up to his losses.

bogey- played bogey twice in the Rivalry, 1-1. Congratulated me on the win and I did the same, both hard fought wins.

Myself- My competitiveness usually gets in the way of my fellow members when I lose, and I apologize if that happened. But when I do it is usually a greatest game and give it up to them. When Beazus beat me, it was about time and enjoyed the game. I took away some credit from Dru in our first matchup in the BCS title game in the second year and I believe I made that up to him (if I didn't well here it is).

Here is both my NCAA and Madden statistics for 2010: as of June 13th
    [​IMG]

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Nice post troy

All the 4th Horseman guys including troy have been great..fuckin troy bought me and xbox live membership once and let me paypal him the money :D haha thats awesome

A few others I could mention

Ryno - I KO'd him to the face once, and then he probably just put in Tiger Woods or something. Good dude

Lawdog and Bogey also were good sports in the ass beatings they gave me in the Deuce.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Games Played: 598 Average Touchdowns Per Game: 4.1 Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 105.4
    Won: 468 Total Offense: 189298 Total Passing Yards: 126265
    Lost: 202 Average Yards Per Game: 316.6 Average Passing Yards Per Game: 211.1
    Total Touchdowns: 2449 Total Rushing Yards: 63033

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I Have some great rivalry's in the West. I play Recchem and Tmac every year and they are always great sports and sim players.

Also CWHarris1 has went through alot of tough losses with his Texas Team (Pry the lowest Rated team in the league) and never complained once. He went through ups and downs showing great sportsmanship.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Bondzai is tops...period. I suck, and when I come in a beat you and you take it like a champ, you are a great sport.

[​IMG]

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'd like to acknowledge everyone still in the E-League for being great sports. Our sliders are tough and guys drop CPU games on the reg, including yours truly, and for the most part everything has gone very smoothly. Some of the losses are extremely frustrating and that gets vented for sure, but at the end of the day it ends up fine.

If I had to pick my best/worst of the league, shaunlmason is definitely the top of the list. I mean, what else can you say about a guy that takes (AND STAYS WITH) Army for the length of an online dynasty? The bottom of the list is probably Masler for his relentless frustration with our sliders, but like I said, its tolerable and never has gotten to unsportsmanlike status.

In terms of user-user opponents, our current group has a lot of respect for one another, and that shows.

Good job E-League!

7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Also, some of you plan way to f'n much.

Get a freakin' girlfriend or something.:)

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    It was only what...6-7 years before I won a user game? Haha.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll trade my gf for a job though..

any offers?

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lmao...i do have quite the temper sometimes...if you thought this was bad, just imagine when I first joined here...or when I played in the Madden OD...I've def toned down a bit, but I enjoy the E-League alot so I do my best to mind my P's & Q's

As for me I'd have to say recchem in the West has always been a great person to play, puts up a fight and always has good things to say win or loss. I agree with Hov on harris as well, that guy has seen some incredibly tough times with Tech and rarely (if at all) has a bad word to say.

Best Season: West 2012, 12-1 Ohio State, Defeated Miami twice (bravejaf, great opponent, both games were excellent), Sugar Bowl champs

Column 1 Column 2
    Games Played: 460 Avg Yds Per Game: 381.9
    Games Won: 318 Total Rushing Yards: 57, 072
    Games Lost: 143 Avg Rushing Yds/game: 124.1
    Total TD's: 2,144 Total Passing Yards: 118, 596
    Avg TD's/Game: 4.7 Avg Passing Yds/Game: 257.8
    Total Offense: 175,668

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm only in one league....

Best sport in our league IMO is JFosh, he loves to compete but never lets it get in the way of being a good sport, I mean even if he's getting screwed and your team is completely outplaying him he'll say things like "well that's what great players do!" as your running back breaks 5 tackles in a row, he is just in it to have a good time and I appreciate that.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Games Played: 186 Average Touchdowns Per Game: 7.2 Average Rushing Yards Per Game: 206.5
    Won: 181 Total Offense: 105,319 Total Passing Yards: 66,906
    Lost: 5 Average Yards Per Game: 566.2 Average Passing Yards Per Game: 359.7
    Total Touchdowns: 1,331 Total Rushing Yards: 38,413

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think this thread was creating to commend good sportsmanship so let's leave it there

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah, I was a little confused with people posting their personal records. I have an individual who I'd like to put up for a TF Sportsmanship Award (the one Bondzai has) but no one has answered my question yet. I guess I'll put my request in here later.

14. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Pretty simple solution to that one man, the thread creator asked! (y)

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No, I was just saying that we don't necessarily need to be discussing who has the worst sportsmanship on the boards.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yep, I got it. Just sounded weird to have "Sportsmanship" and "Look how great I am" in the same thread

Anyway... I'd like to put LeonidasPlaya up for the TF sportsmanship award. He's been with us almost the whole time in Chaos and had a rough couple of seasons. He was losing games everyway you can and really struggled. But throughout it all he stuck with us. Never complained, never bitched. He kept the same upbeat attitude throughout. I've seen plenty of people basically quit an OD over one or losses.

But I'd really like to acknowledge Leo's dedication to our dynasty. His loyalty has paid off as he is eligible for his first bowl this season.

I'd like to say good job Leo once again, this time in front of the whole TF community.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    PM some pictures...I may be able to do this trade.:)

18. BDSDIGITAL

I didn't bring up everyone's record to show everyone "how great I am". Mainly because I kinda sucked at this game :) but I just thought it was kinda interesting looking back at total stats from the duration of NCAA10.

Murk, you're 600 games deep? That's incredible.

Hellisan only lost 5 times? That's pretty incredible to me as well.

19. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yep...gonna need to see those bud before we complete that trade.

20. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm willing to do the trade without pictures, as long as you include the paper bag...

21. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

There have been several guys I've played who demonstrate great sportsmanship, the few that stand out in my mind are:

Bondzai - Goes without saying, in the two dynasties I've played with him in he's taken the worst team starting out and even though he's struggled at times he's always upbeat and looking to the next game.

Twister - Me and Twist have a history before TF where we played in an OD through another site, and when I found TF I immediately told him about it. Great guy, really fun to play games against. Plays the game the right way and win or lose, he's there to have a good time. A great addition to the group here.

Papa Perry - Another guy that I've played a few times in OD games and a bunch more in practice games. He cracks me up with some of the trash talk in the weeks leading up to games, but win or lose he has a great attitude when the horn sounds.

BDSDigital/Castortroy/Whatever his name is this week :))) - Brian and I played a back to back in C2C a few seasons ago and they were two of the most fun games I've played. We mutually agreed to leave all the game planning stuff in the locker room and just play the game straight. Both games came down to the wire, and he was a great sport in both even though the way they went likely cost his teams shots at the title.

Bravejaf - Even though I've only played him a few times, we talk in party chat alot during games and he rarely complains when things aren't going his way.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

22. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Wait, Helli you've only lost 5 times in T1?

23. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

[​IMG]

That would have been me, hahahha.

So far in TF user games I am an even .500, currently sitting at 11-11. I have thoroughly enjoyed each game, win or lose and haven't had a signle negative experience yet. I'd like to win every game, but if I lose...eh, I lose, no big deal. I'm not gonna act like an ass just because I lost a video game.

The one person with great sportsmanship that stands out to me is Twist. We've played 4 times between CTL and C2C. Everytime he's got a great attitude and plays a straight game. He sounds and acts just as happy and easy going after the games as he is before them. It is because of people like him that make TF what it is. My hats off to Twist and everyone else I've played thus far.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Troy, Max, JMan....Murk, Parrott, York, Rip....Mainly everyone on TF4...Parrott is hilarious. He reminds me of me, minus the sex appeal.

Outta 160 lost 20....Hmmm, i thought i lost more. But ah well, back to the 11 demo.

25. BDSDIGITAL

I can't believe I left Kid Robotz off my original post....sorry bro!