SportsNation Poll #1: Who Should Be The USC Trojans Starting QB?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by ken10, Nov 23, 2010.

?

Who Should Be The USC Trojans Starting QB?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2010.
  1. Freshman Joe Jefferson (82 Overall)

100.0%
  2. Junior Jesse Scroggins (79 Overall)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ken10

ken10 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello, SportsNation! Today's poll will decide who the starting quarterback for the USC Trojans will be in their next game against the Arizona Wildcats. Head coach ken10 has asked SportsNation to assist him in this decision as he has almost lost all of his hair from thinking about it too much.

The first choice is last year's #1 ranked quarterback recruit in the nation, Joe Jefferson. Jefferson is currently out with a sprained elbow (1 week remaining), but was the starting quarterback to start the season. Jefferson has uncanny accuracy, and prefers to be inside of the pocket making quick, short throws suited to the Trojans' Pro-style game. In two games, Jefferson has garnered a 159.6 QB rating. He has throw for 444 yards, 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions on 34-for-49 passing (71% completion percentage).

Next up is redshirt junior Jesse "The Next Vick" Scroggins. As a back-up to Matt Barkley the last two years, Scroggins hasn't seen much action. He is a phenomenal athlete and one of the fastest quarterbacks in the nation. Scroggins played in the second half of the game against the Oregon Ducks, in which Jefferson got injured, and also in this week's game against the Washington Huskies. In these two games, Scroggins has a 135.3 QB rating. He is 19-for-28 (67% completion percentage) for 194 yards, 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. His passing game is decent, but is much more prone going for the difficult pass rather than checking it down. What stands out, however, is his ability to scramble. So far in the season, he has 97 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries.

There you have it, guys. We couldn't have asked for two more different quarterbacks. If I was coach ken10, I'd be happy to have these guys at my disposal. Make your picks, SportsNation, and we'll be back next week with another poll!

2. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Gotta roll with the Frosh

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Voted for Joe. But I'd do formation subs

4. titangator

titangator Walk On

I'd go with the frosh as well... and having a couple packages designed for the speedster.