Spread/Pistol Run Game

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Is it back? You guys having any luck?

My results have been inconclusive on AA, but that might be due to the newness of the game. What are you guys seeing?

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I played egofailure a couple of times last night as well as my PS3 tournament game.

I discovered that:
    1. My line at Washington needs major help
    2. Yes, Shotgun/Pistol running is very effective if done correctly

If you follow the blocking scheme and don't try to break everything for a touchdown, it works well. I got blown up in the backfield on quite a few plays, but I'd say I ran at least 80% of my plays last night and won both games against Ego.

What would you say about it Ego?

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am having great success with the pistol run game on aa. I am having moderate success with the zone read stuff but it is much better than last year's mess.

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I played bamagrad and was very effective running from shotgun formations

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Well, the first thing I'd say is that I would have won the second game had we not disconnected prematurely. ;-) Haha, that being said, I think the Shotgun/Pistol/Read Option is going to be a lot more affective this year, especially if you're able to reel in that superstar type QB. JCA didn't use PA from the gun often (if at all), and I've struggled doing so in last year's game, so I'd like to test that out soon before I comment further.

Mixing up coverages will be more fun than ever before. Zone coverage no longer ='s an automatic 40-yard TD pass for your opponent. JCA utilized a couple of cool zone blitzes last night, and it was great seeing players "communicate", adjust on the fly, and react dependent upon the passing routes.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I told you, the final score was gonna be 15-14 me! Besides, if you'd just get better internet service, these things wouldn't happen. It's all on you! :)

7. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

so that's still going on huh?

sigh....:)

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Just his excuse for losing to me :)

9. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Haha, I'm finally fed up! I'm done sharing my 'net; AT&T will work their magic before I see a user game this season.