1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Spread playook suggestion

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by I Peench, Jul 17, 2010.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Spread playook suggestion

Hey all,

I'm currently in the WML OD using Rice. I've always been a pro-style kind of guy with my Tar Heels, so I'm not too familiar with various spread playbooks. I was wondering if anybody could make any suggestions for me, as Rice's current spread playbook just isn't working for me. I need to get Sam McGuffie involved more, and with their playbook I'm finding it hard to do so.

Thanks!

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

If you don't have a running QB that will allow you to run the options and zone reads, your running game will be nonexistent from the spread.

If you do have a solid QB who can run, check out Oregon, Miss St, Louisville, and Florida. There's others, but that should give you a start.

If you don't have that running QB, I'd advise a singleback or pro style attack if McGuffie's the centerpiece of your offense.

I'd say the fairest statement is that in the spread, your QB has to be the #1 guy on the offense. Otherwise, you better find a different style.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    What kind of spread, run first or pass first?

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Thanks for the suggestions, fellas. Settled on Oregon's offense. My QB's speed is 72...I love having the ace formation in a spread playbook.

5. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Memphis and Penn State have excellent playbooks if you want to be a spread team but have a lot of the Ace stuff. Penn State even has some I stuff as well and a neat goalline package.

I believe Memphis is technically a 1 back and PSU is a "multiple", but you can still run the spread from it. All you really need are 4 or 5 shotgun formations. The books that have 9 different combos of receivers and TE's from the shotgun give me a headache when I'm looking for plays.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The 72 speed isn't even that bad considering you won't be playing against very good teams all that often.

7. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Oregon's playbook is really nice with some great running options from shotgun. I'm really enjoying it when I use it.