Spreading rushing attempts around

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Aug 10, 2009.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Spreading rushing attempts around

I think this is mainly for AG and Raz.

I've seen Herron and Saine both have a lot of carries and it looks like
    Clay is sharing his load with 'sconsin's #2 guy as well. How do you guys
    do it?

Do you use a lot of 2 HB sets?

Do you use formation subs to put your #2 guy in certain formations?

Do you have a good autosub setting? If so, I really, really would like to
    know what it is.

In '09 my autosub setting was perfect. If I had a long drive, my #2 guy
    would get a carry or two. I've looked at the various settings on OS, but I
    can't find one that gets Minor out of the game. I've tried an
    84(out)/85(in) setting and in Play Now games, it seems effective, but not
    in any of my dynasties.

With Michigan I mainly play 1 back sets and Minor will never need to come
    out. With CSU, I play a fleXbox One with 3 backs on the field most of the
    time and I run the ball about 80% of the time and only my FB will
    occasionally come out.

So, how are you guys spreading the carries around?

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I spilt carries at Va Tech and I do the on the fly formation subs. I have one guy who takes all the carries in Strong Sets and the #1 guys gets the rest. If I am using 1 HB and he is yellow and still in there I will either move to the strong set or sub him out in another formation.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

I had my auto-sub all dialed in last year also. This year it doesn't work atleast for me. It subs my starter out and never puts him back in. I couldn't sub him back him at all. I have to use the formation subs to spell hb when he is yellow.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I kind of like this kind of setup:

Saine is faster, so I use him in shotgun and single back sets, though not exclusively. I do this with the "Spell HB" option using the right stick. I typically pick one or two Ace sets to put Saine in, and run Herron behind a fullback. I don't do it every time, and I change it around, but I try to keep a guy for a few plays at a time, more like the real thing, when sometimes backs come in and out more often than other players. I used to do most of this out of a split back set, but I don't have one in my current playbook. But I will not line up either guys at FB. That doesn't really happen much, so I don't do it.

Saine, with his quick feet, runs the pitches, draws, and such, and Herron, who has good agility and elusiveness, runs between the tackles more. Both guys run all kinds of plays, but I tend to call more of certain kinds of plays with each guy in the game. I just kinda do it on the fly.

AG

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I think most people do as AG said above...I like my RB2 (Hardy, TrFrosh) so I try to get him some runs each game and do that via the playbook or by subbing in the RB2 with the right stick.

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Yeah. I guess that's what I'll have to do. The only problem I really have is that my top 2 backs are interchangeable. Almost the same OVR and exactly the same speed. My #3 guy has 92 speed (vs. 90) and my #4 guy is more of a bruiser. My #1,3,4 guys are all SRs while my #2 guy (who really should've been left as a WR like on the default roster, but hell, I'll take an 87 HB over an 80 WR any day) is only a sophomore. He will be a stud next year so I just want to get him some carries to give him more experience, even though he brings absolutely nothing new to the table when he's in the game.