Spreading the ball around?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bogey21, Apr 13, 2009.

1. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Spreading the ball around?

Isnt spreading the ball around part of sim also? I think we need to get everyone on the same page here...

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Even though I'm not sure what your'e talking about...gonna take a stab at it anyway. I'm guessing you think that their are too many teams who seem to have a 1 man target they throw to. The sliders make it where our receivers are average when we know they can be great. Which is why you see 1 man shows on different rosters.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yes for tradition football it is......Some games guys are hot and if he cant be covered then there isnt much you can do but stats will tell all........receptions should be spread out as the year moves along and you HB should never be your leading receiver.

Playing on heisman over at the Tradition 1 definetly solved that problem.....as you CAN NOT force the ball anywhere with having it picked off.....especially in USER vs USER games

4. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

AGREED. (y)

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I also agree - bush league move. But can you enforce this? I guess it's just the commish in me that I like to go through other teams scores to see what they are up to, and I know with the flow of the game sometimes we don't stay on top of it but there has to be a line. I also know that there are go to guys and I'm even cool with guys making a run at the heisman, but to be honest there are some stats in this league that jump off the screen at you.

6. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

You can enforce it to an extent. But as long as people aren't abusing it, then no. I know my RB has crazy numbers, but my passing game lacks. So my offense balances out. I know others really go crazy.

7. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

I'll be the first to admit that I need to work on this more. But I can't say that I play un sim like ball. Nor can either of my last two Human opponents. I have and will try to get better.

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

As far as enforcement goes, in most cases, the player hears from a commish before anything airs publicly. We watch stats week to week. We look for money plays and such - HB's averaging 10ypc or WR averaging 25+ypc (these are just example numbers, not a standard of any kind) and we know it's possible, or even probable that a guys is using certain gimmicks. If a HB has 10+ catches in a game, or is among the team leaders, we throw up a red flag. There are a number of things we look for, but no one needs to worry about these things. If you're doing any of this stuff, you already know it. You need not ask us if you're being looked at, because you're not. We have a pretty solid group in both leagues, but it never hurts to know what might trigger a bit of attention. Just don't go dwelling on it. We're not exactly the KGB around here.

West rules,

AG

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I was in an OD when the game first came out where the guy playing with Georgia threw 29 out of 33 passes to his halfback.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahahahahaha... very nice strategy! Lots of planning must've gone into that! :D