Spring Battles 2013

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Sep 27, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Spring Battles 2013

Its almost that time of year again... as we approach the bowl games, and the offseason looms.....

QB – If Cosh stays our offense is dynamic, transfer Ranieri is the backup and considering Cosh’s injury history he is bound to see a few starts throughout the season .... Lee Tucker is the 20-20 guy (20-20 guy is if we are up 20 or down 20 in the 4th he will see the field)....

HB – Robinson is gonna get his feature role back, it is deserved, Ware goes back to being strictly a power back and end of the game closer…..

TE - Crowder is the man..... with Palmer and Tidwell as his backups our 2 tight end sets should be excellent next season.

WR - Christensen and McDaniel will start with the two 6’4 WRs Larsen and Gray in the slots… needless to say we are excited about our 4 WR sets this upcoming season....

Offensive Line – Allred mans the Left Tackle spot, with Marnier which will make the left side very solid..Holden started at center his freshman year but he is gonna get moved to Guard to allow Shelton to start at center. Our current Right guard the mammoth 6’7 Mitchell will move outside to his natural spot at tackle….

Defensive line -- LE Adam Davis is a stud, 8 sacks as a sophomore 10 sacks as a junior, His senior season could be really special, JuCO Ray Smith will come in and immediately, man the D Tackle spot at 6’1 324 pounds he should fit right in….....the Right End spot is sophomore transfer stud Kyle Stanford spot… he should fit right in…..

Linebackers
    At LOLB, Ferguson will return as the starter here.... At ROLB, Armstrong should start as he has played well this season….. in the Middle.. Ray Adams will take over for Slaughter and the second MLB could be freshman Hamilton with his 4.46 speed or David Gray the current 3rd MLB on our depth chart.
    Secondary
    at safety, Freshman phenom Garner is a starter but we are not entirely sure which spot he will start at… he has the size and speed to play wherever he wants…...Fields should man the other spot, unless one of these athletes come in rated higher than Fields, Fields would essentially be a rover…..... At corner, sophomores Pennington and Barnes should starter but my current nickel back Mueller might steal one of those spots because of his coverage ability.... I am hopefully my 5 star athlete Benjamin comes in high enough to take over the corner role, but just in case… I have a decent amount of talent in the secondary…..

Summary
    If the offensive line can come together and be a cohesive unit….Kansas State can play with anyone…the talent level at HB is very good and our WR core is young but they are talented… If they struggle again, 6-6 or 7-5 will more than likely be the end result for Kansas State….. Defensively, our line should be very good, the best we have had so far… our linebackers will be fairly young, but they should be good and our secondary is gonna be young but fast…. If they can gel, we could be very good defensively….

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Kentucky's Wildcats Spring Battles 2013​

QB: With Morgan Newton graduating, I think its time to start the Trent McLaughlin era. He will be a RS SO in the spring & I really want get him started. Right now he's not the best QB on the roster when spring comes. That goes to Tyler Brause. He will be a RS JR in the spring has better skill than Trent, but I recruited Trent & I want to see what he can do. He will be on a very short leash.

HB: My top 2 HBs(Donald Russell & CoShik Williams)are graduating, so it will be an open competition for the starting job. Right now the front runner is Brandon Gainer. He will be a RS JR in the spring & has great acceleration & speed. Incoming FRs Dan Parker & Antoine Goddard look to push for a chance to start. Dan looks the best out of the 2. At 6'2", he has good top speed & elusiveness.

WR: This position will have a lot of new faces. We are losing are top 3 WRs this year. The #1 WR will be true FR Rick Keith. He is more of a possession WR, but thats what we need. I expect big things from him. The #2 spot will go to(if he decides to stay) RS SR Aaron Boyd. If Aaron leaves, then incoming JUCO WR Robbie Brown will battle RS SO Reynaldo Smith, SO Chris Hall & RS SR David Frye for the spot. Chris was recruited last year & played mostly on special teams as a KR, but he will at least see time at the #4 WR spot. I'm also recruiting WRs Rashad Hendrix & Casey Sanders, but they haven't made their decisions yet of where they are going to play.

TE: If Alex Smith decides to go pro(I pray he doesn't), then Anthony Kendrick & incoming FR Greg Moore will batlle for the stating position.

DLINE: Jay Synder is ready to step in as full time starter at RE. He will be a JR so hopefully he can give us 2 great years. Justin Henderson will continue to start @ LE if he decides to stay. After have 2 double digit sack seasons he might leave early. If that happens then it will be a battle for the LE spot between RS SR Patrick Ligon, SO Travis Austin & incoming FRs Justin Medley & Cody Meyers. I really don't have any confidence in Patrick, but I might be stuck with him for the season. We really like Justin Medley. We are still waiting for Travis to show us something. At 6'7" we expect him to be a force in the pass rush & also when we call for him to drop into coverage.

ROLB: After a year of redshirting, Thomas Clay will be the starter come spring. He has worked on his tackling ability & coverage skills to go with his 95 ACC. At 6'5" 249lbs the kid can fly. Hopefully he will be great for us the next 3 years.

LOLB: Also after a year of redshirting, Jamaal Williams will step into the starting LOLB position. He has 91 in SPD & ACC & good tackling ability. Hopefully he improved on his coverage skills.

Well thats it. Every1 else is coming back as they were last season. Hopefully we can contend for the National Championship next season.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Missouri Season 4 Spring Position Battles

QB

Tyler Gabbert JR (rs) 82 ovr
    James Franklin JR (rs) 81 ovr

It's between these two. If Gabbert stays, it's his job. If Gabbert goes, Franklin will be very capable of filling in. He's similar but more athletic which could add a dimension to our attack.

HB

Korvic Neat SR (rs) 85 ovr
    Robert Harrell JR 73 ovr

Ole Miss transfer Neat is the day one starter. He'll be the most talented back we've had and the fastest. We've already been developing game plans for him out of our air raid attack.

FB

Possible offseason recruit
    Chris Brown SR 65 ovr
    Jordan Crenshaw SO 63 ovr

We'll try to find a FB this offseason, but if no luck, Brown or Crenshaw will move from their guard position to FB. Brown looks to be the better FB as he has better rushing and run blocking skills. However, the NCAA may interfere since he is 6'3" as opposed to Crenshaw's 6'1" stature.

WR

Ldamien Washington SR (rs) 87 ovr
    Marcus Lucas JR (rs) 84 ovr
    Jimmie Hunt JR (rs) 84 ovr
    Matt Peterson FR (rs) 72 ovr
    John Brewster SO (rs) 72 ovr

Washington and Lucas will man the X and Z positions due to their skills and size (both 6'4"+). Hunt has come on this season but with his size, he's a stud to play the slot position. Peterson redshirted this season and will see his first action next season. Brewster played some this past season but needs to get better. These two froshies will battle it out for the last starting spot but both will likely play.

TE

Alex Sanders SR (rs) 71 ovr
    Nick Brown JR incoming

Brown is 6'7" and will definitely push Sanders for the starting spot this summer.

DT

John Jefferson FR (rs) 63 ovr
    Incoming recruits

Jefferson will likely play day one. We'll need to figure some stuff out this spring as this is our biggest issue regarding position.

DE

Kony Ealy JR (rs) 80 ovr
    Dustin Neal FR (rs) 79 ovr
    Daniel Lowe FR recruit

Ealy is the school record holder for sacks. Neal redshirted last season and Lowe will come in and compete with him for the other starting spot.

LBs

Brad Harrison SR 80 ovr
    Deonne Graham SO 77 ovr
    Tommie Saunders JR (rs) 79 ovr
    Calvin Brown FR (rs) 73 ovr
    Nate Archie FR incoming
    Dan Schmidt FR incoming

We have more depth at this position now than we'll know what to do with. Harrison (JUCO) and Graham played like studs in their first year in Columbia. They'll have the inside track to start, but transfer Tommie Saunders and incoming freshman Archie and Schmidt will hopefully be talented enough to press for playing time. The best 3/4 will start.

CB

Tristen Holt SR 80 ovr
    Anthony McBride JR 75 ovr
    Antione Hudson JR 67 ovr
    Adam Thompson SO 64 ovr
    Incoming freshman

We really could use a 5 or 4 star stud in the offseason to be interested in Missouri. Hopefully this unit progresses this offseason. Holt is a solid cover corner, and McBride has been very good in the nickel back role the past 2 seasons. He should do well out wide. We'll need Hudson, Thompson or a freshman to step into our nickel and dime roles to solidify the inside.

FS

Tavon Bolden SR (rs) 77 ovr

Bolden played well in his first season after converting from OLB to FS. We'll need him to be better this year so he can anchor our secondary.

SS

Matt Whtie SR (rs) 75 ovr
    Justin Hawkins FR incoming

White played well this past season. He'll be pushed by :4stars: recruit Justin Hawkins this spring.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Spring Preview...

QB: Its Cotton's job for the senior season, and he should have plenty of weapons to choose from.

RB: It will be Rodney Scott's time to shine at HB, (assuming he comes back) he will be at PR and KR and expects to put up great numbers. Behind him there is going to be a battle for the backup HB with Jeff Scott (explosive), Kevin McKeon (solid, but not a gamebreaker) and Eric McNeal (Power Back). I like Jeff Scott's ability to open up the field.

WR: Hopefully Patrick Patterson will come back for his senior season, and he will be the go to guy at 6'2" 217 lbs, and 99 ACC, he will be counted on heavily. There will be a battle for the 2nd WR with Vincent Sanders, Jesse Grandy, and Q Mireless all battling for playing time. I like Sanders who had a really solid season to be the man here, but offseason progression will really be the determining factor here.

OL - We need help here big time. This will be the weak link of the 2013 Ole Miss football team. We will be ok at C, but we need big time help at OG and OT. Help is on the way, but I don't think it will be ready in time.

DL - Poised to have a breakout year. Everyone that started this year were sophmores, and they are ready to have a monster junior seasons. Whigham, Thompson, Archer and Martin are all over 80 OVR, and really could be special next year.

LB - We only lose Joel Kight, and DT Shackleford, Luke Johnson and Steve Haumiller should all step up at the LB, and could be really solid group.

DB - HELP WANTED. Hopefully the freshman that we signed will live up to the hype, because I need at least 2 CB's to step in and play right away. Same thing at FS, I really, really need a FS or SS to be interested in Ole Miss this offseason. This simply needs to happen.

5. JrRawlins

Good luck with this, i just went through that this season.. solid at the skills positions are terribly inexperenced along the line...

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Quarterback
    Leaving
    NAME POSITION OVERALL CLASS HEIGHT WEIGHT HOMETOWN
    Renfree, Sean QB 84 Senior (RS) 6'3" 210 lbs Oro Valley, AZ

Returning
    Schroeder, Sean QB 85 Junior (RS) 6'3" 188 lbs Lakewood, CA
    Connette, Brandon QB 74 Sophomore (RS) 6'2" 196 lbs Ontario, CA
    Boone, Anthony QB 70 Sophomore (RS) 6'0" 226 lbs Shelby, NC
    Smith, Will QB 65 Freshman (RS) 6'5" 239 lbs Thomasville, NC

Incoming
    Name Pos Cal State Ht Wt 40
    Alan Williams QB :3stars: AL 6'6" 227 4.56

Running back
    Leaving
    Hollingsworth, Jay HB 82 Senior (RS) 5'10" 195 lbs Garner, NC
    Scott, Desmond HB 78 Senior 5'10" 188 lbs Piney Green, NC
    Kurunwune, Patrick HB 75 Senior (RS) 5'9" 215 lbs McAllen, TX

Returning
    Johnson, Storm HB 84 Sophomore (RS) 6'0" 216 lbs Candler-McAfee, GA
    Jennings, Darryl HB 74 Freshman 5'11" 209 lbs Natchitoches, LA
    Snead, Josh HB 71 Junior 5'9" 186 lbs Douglas, GA

Incoming
    Buster Smith HB :3stars: DE 6'1" 204 4.42

Fullback
    Leaving
    None

Returning
    Hall, Ryan FB 69 Junior (RS) 6'3" 240 lbs Opa-locka, FL
    Myrick, B.J. FB 62 Freshman (RS) 5'11" 246 lbs Statesville, NC

Incoming
    None

Wide Receiver
    Leaving
    Vernon, Conner WR 92 Senior 6'2" 198 lbs Altamonte Springs, FL
    Foster, Tony WR 84 Senior 6'1" 177 lbs Lyndhurst, NJ

Returning
    Washington, Josh WR 73 Freshman (RS) 6'7" 181 lbs Carthage, MS
    Gattis, Corey WR 71 Junior (RS) 5'11" 174 lbs Clemmons, NC
    Deaver, Braxton WR 66 Sophomore (RS) 6'5" 215 lbs Reidsville, NC
    Braxton, Brandon WR 65 Sophomore (RS) 6'2" 192 lbs East Rockingham, NC
    Hudson, Quincy WR 63 Freshman 6'3" 178 lbs Clearwater, SC
    Johnson, Dennis WR 62 Freshman 6'5" 186 lbs Gainesville, FL

Incoming
    None

Tight End
    Leaving
    None

Returning
    Sparks, Michael TE 65 Freshman 6'6" 249 lbs Ahoskie, NC
    Braxton, Brandon TE 63 Sophomore (RS) 6'6" 254 lbs Hillsborough, NC
    Weber, Trey TE 63 Freshman (RS) 6'3" 232 lbs Vinings, GA

Incoming
    None

Offensive Line
    Leaving
    Moore, Brian LT 83 Senior (RS) 6'3" 279 lbs Plantation, FL
    Irwin, Conor RT 82 Senior (RS) 6'4" 269 lbs Collegedale, TN

Returning
    Cofield, Takoby LT 70 Sophomore (RS) 6'6" 301 lbs Boone, NC
    Harding, Dave LG 82 Junior (RS) 6'4" 298 lbs Conway, FL
    McCollum, Larry LG 66 Freshman (RS) 6'3" 293 lbs Woodfield, SC
    Rhodes, Waylon C 68 Freshman 6'6" 263 lbs Oshawa, CN
    Howell, Brady C 52 Sophomore 6'4" 344 lbs Fayetteville, NC
    Simmons, Perry RG 74 Junior (RS) 6'5" 269 lbs Concord, NC
    Wood, Vince RG 60 Freshman 6'1" 284 lbs Roxboro, NC
    Bryant, Nick RT 64 Freshman 6'6" 274 lbs Alexandria, VA

Incoming
    Jamaal Crawford T :3stars: GA 6'2" 277 4.98

Defensive End
    Leaving
    Anunike, Kenny RE 63 Senior (RS) 6'5" 235 lbs Wapakoneta, OH

Returning
    Wallace, Jamal LE 72 Junior 6'3" 231 lbs Cave Spring, VA
    Cronin, Matt LE 62 Sophomore 6'4" 270 lbs Greenacres City, FL
    Foxx, Justin RE 78 Junior (RS) 6'3" 239 lbs Clemmons, NC
    Austin, David RE 61 Freshman (RS) 6'2" 245 lbs Sans Souci, SC

Incoming
    Jason Robinson DE :3stars: MI 6'2" 249 4.64

Defensive Tackle
    Leaving
    None

Returning
    Sarmiento, Sydney DT 76 Junior (RS) 6'4" 273 lbs Clemson, SC
    Ryan, Desmond DT 65 Sophomore 6'0" 298 lbs Herndon, VA
    Jackson, Chris DT 65 Sophomore 6'5" 283 lbs Half Moon, NC
    Bryant, Will DT 63 Sophomore (RS) 6'3" 314 lbs Thomson, GA
    Ingram, Steven DT 59 Sophomore (RS) 6'3" 288 lbs West Hattiesburg, MS

Incoming
    None

Outside Linebacker
    Leaving
    None

Returning
    Glover, Tyree LOLB 72 Junior (RS) 6'2" 245 lbs Sunrise, FL
    Rojas, Kevin LOLB 66 Junior (RS) 6'3" 220 lbs Elizabeth City, NC
    Merrick, Ryan LOLB 66 Freshman 6'0" 226 lbs Spindale, NC
    Brown, Jared LOLB 64 Freshman (RS) 6'0" 211 lbs Archdale, NC
    Brown, Kelby ROLB 71 Sophomore (RS) 6'2" 217 lbs Gaines School, GA
    Campbell, August ROLB 70 Junior (RS) 6'3" 219 lbs Parkwood, NC
    Murray, Aaron ROLB 63 Sophomore 6'0" 233 lbs Austin, TX

Incoming
    None

Inside Linebacker
    Leaving
    Gamble, Austin MLB 72 Senior 6'1" 235 lbs Auburndale, FL

Returning
    Butler, Erik MLB 77 Sophomore 6'1" 244 lbs New Port Richey, FL
    Cook, Mike MLB 61 Freshman 6'4" 249 lbs Oviedo, FL
    Smith, Ned MLB 59 Junior (RS) 6'1" 216 lbs Elon College, NC
    Butler, Eddie MLB 55 Sophomore 6'5" 225 lbs Fort Gordon, GA

Incoming
    Ray Fellows MLB :3stars: SC 6'2" 224 4.70

Cornerback
    Leaving
    Greene, Zach CB 78 Senior 5'10" 170 lbs Raleigh, NC
    Williams, Johnny CB 70 Senior (RS) 5'10" 186 lbs Hartselle, AL

Returning
    Butler, Lex CB 77 Junior (RS) 5'10" 177 lbs Cayce, SC
    Sowell, Taylor CB 73 Junior (RS) 5'10" 186 lbs Homeland Park, SC
    Joseph, Kyle CB 66 Freshman (RS) 5'9" 171 lbs Shelby, NC

Incoming
    Martin Williams CB :3stars: NC 6'1" 176 4.48
    Erik Bailey CB :3stars: NJ 6'1" 182 4.44

Safety
    Leaving
    Byas, Jordan FS 78 Senior (RS) 6'2" 202 lbs St. Cloud, FL
    Faris, Jeffrey FS 67 Senior (RS) 5'11" 187 lbs Mount Juliet, TN

Returning
    Bates, T.C. FS 64 Junior 5'11" 202 lbs Brownsville, FL
    Canty, Walt SS 72 Senior 6'1" 205 lbs Parris Island, SC
    Young Wiseman, Anthony SS 66 Junior (RS) 6'1" 202 lbs Carney, MD
    Freeman, Brett SS 62 Freshman 6'3" 199 lbs Ladson, SC

Incoming
    Will Edwards SS :2stars: GA 5'11" 211 4.52

Special Teams
    Leaving
    None

Returning
    Higgins, Brandon K 61 Freshman 5'11" 186 lbs Georgetown, DE
    Dixon, Justin P 66 Sophomore 6'0" 220 lbs Etowah, TN

Incoming
    None

Athletes
    Incoming
    Chris Gunn ATH :3stars: MA 6'7" 321 4.86

7. JrRawlins

damn that is a long ass post....

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It is every player I have.