Spring Battles 2018

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Jan 20, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Georgia Bulldogs 2018 Spring Battles​

QB – Matthew Philips should get to start his senior season unless something miraculous happens in the offseason and a stud wants to come to Georgia.

HB – David Thompson is the heir apparent as both Washington and Butler will graduate from the program… Thompson has the size and speed to carry the load for his senior year….

WR – Corey Williams will start on one side… but who his partner on the other side will be is anyone’s guess. The Bulldogs have a bunch of talented but flawed receivers available for the position, and with the crop of freshman WR’s coming any one of about 5 players could potentially start at the #2 WR position.

TE – Myrick’s graduation really hurts this position… the Bulldogs are hopefully that true freshmen Perry Bell and Aaron Garret can come in and immediately fill this position with their size and speed.

OL- The Bulldogs offensive line is quite simply a mess… no position is safe, everyone returning is extremely raw and unproven, offensive line could be the undoing of the Bulldogs this upcoming season.

DL – The Bulldogs entire starting defensive line returns intact for one final season. They could be dominant..

OLB – The Bulldogs will be starting some inexperienced players freshman LOLB Darnell Slaughter has the size and speed to be a potential playmaker but will he pick up the scheme quick enough to be effective? ROLB Phil Pearson should be able to step in and fill the void Ben Clark graduating will leave in the defense…

MLB – If Kevin Wilson decides to bolt for the pros, two sophomores could start inside for the Bulldogs, this could be a blessing in disguise as they are both stout against the run.

Secondary – In the secondary, all four starters return which could make the Bulldogs secondary somewhat formidable, but the lack of speed is extremely evident…

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

HB- anybody can have the job alot of talent..alot of slow as shit talent, but talent none the less

Defense I lose 2 Starters

1DE-will replace with somebody better whether it be one of my awesome incoming freshman or a backup waiting in the wings

MLB-Smith Should take the full time job in the 4-3

Fuller might compete with Harris for the Starting QB depending on training results, but i believe i will stick to my plan and go with Harris this yr and start Fuller his JR and SR.

3. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i dont know why but typically if i have a younger player fighting with a upperclassmen and its close i go with the younger player.... more room from growth in my view...