Spring Battles 2021

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Apr 1, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Georgia Bulldogs 2021 Spring Battles

QB – JJ Hill is the starter heading into 2021... Hill will have a redshirt freshman Jon Ransom backing up and Sam Bailey behind them......

HB –Adam Joseph and Jabari White, for one more season….. White will get more carries this year than last as Joseph has been taking a pounding…

WR –Steven Spence is coming off year where he had almost 1000 yards receiving but dropped 14 passes… That’s just not acceptable… he will have to improve....Spence still has the most potential of the group... Bo Washington will split plays with DeMarcus Thompson who just seems to catch the ball when it’s thrown to him and make someone miss... Anthony James and Caleb James will round out the WR corp.

TE – Aaron Garrett still the tight end to beat for the Bulldogs but freshman Jake Grant should finally provide the nice complement in the two tight end sets the Bulldogs have been looking for.

OL- The Bulldogs offensive line will start 4 sophomore next season with one junior… young but fairly talented… JUCO Sophomore Billy Carpenter will walk in and start at guard while Junior transfer David Barr will come on and man the center position. Sophomore tackles Maurice Davis and Barret Barnes will start again on the outside….

DL – The Bulldogs dynamic sophomore duo of Josh Tyson and Brandon McDonald are split time at defensive tackle. At defensive end, Senior John Clark returns and should see the lionshare of time at right end... while at left end, sophomore Danny Morris will get the start, The Bulldogs are hoping he can be even more effective as a pass rusher and build off of his 6 sack season last year in spot duty….Sophomore Jeremy Allen will back up both position along with JUCO Junior Beau Burley, who should pair up nice with Morris on passing rushing situations….

OLB – at Lolb, Aaron Thomas is leaving… he was a dominant OLB and will be hard to replace…. The man who has that task looks like redshirt sophomore Rodney Smith, he has the size and the speed to fill the position, can he live up to Thomas’s production… we will find out..Redshirt freshman Lance King may spell Smith in passing situations…....at Rolb, Patrick Cannon leaves, and Senior Jon Baker is the unquestioned starter….

MLB –MLB Max Strickland is a star in the making… size speed range and seriously playmaking ability… this sophomore is the real deal… the spot next to him at RILB, is up for grabs.. between JUCO recruit Trey Baker, and Senior Brian Williams… they could conceivably split snaps…

Secondary – Sophomore strong safety Mark Collins was the real deal… almost 50 tackles, 5 ints… and some bone jarring hits.. he has some legit help coming at the free safety spot via true freshman Will Scott, blazing speed and ball hawking abilities, should be a great fit for the Bulldogs..... at corner junior Jacob Heffner will start again, alongside freshman Ryan Dixon another corner the Bulldogs are truly excited about….... redshirt sophomore Russ Perry should be ready for an extended role in the slot... and Redshirt freshman Brian Taylor could see some time in our dime packages……

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I have to wait until I see draft declarations...

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'll end up starting 6 freshman I bet...

4. JrRawlins

i have no one leaving for the draft... if they do...lol good riddance, they wont get picked anyways... i could possibly have some transfers... if they transfer i can always update it... i was bored...

5. JrRawlins

only 6? im starting 4 freshman lineman....

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, but your recruits > my recruits

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya... I could possibly have a lot of guys declare. HB James, MLBs, SS Hawk

8. JrRawlins

i wish....

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Going into the new season, there will be some fresh faces for Tennessee, which is likely a good thing.

QB - This is the big question mark, with Chad Carter leaving. I will have 4 quarterbacks that could start, spring will have a lot to do with how it shakes out. We have a traditional drop back quarterback, and a couple of really good athletes. I am excited about Jason Peterson, who will be mobile and can throw a bit.

HB - Unless he is stupid and tries to get drafted, Derrick Williams will be back, but I have a feeling he will get pushed by a couple guys...John Johnson in particular.

FB - Giant Kevin Harper will be back next season, along with Anthony Harris

WR - I lose both Craig Branch and Amir Reyes, but I have some guys behind them that I think should be fine. I think Steve Montgomery will be very good in his senior year.

TE - Both Malone and freakish Johnson are back, along with incoming freshman Anthony Parham.

OL - I only have one starter graduating, so I should be better here next year.

DL - This is a question mark...Billy Davis will step in at end, but we are losing three good seniors. We will likely start a freshman at end.

OLB - I am excited about William Jones coming in, so one of my outside linebackers may get moved inside where I am weak.

MLB - Either Eric Wade or Chris Watkins (who used to be a safety) will likely slide in here, and play along whoever progresses the most.

CB - I lose one starter, but he isn't that much better than the others...plus I am bringing in a four star recruit.

S - My safety core is weak, and I am bringing in a safety I *really* like on paper, so both spots are open.

ST - I will have a new punter (A+ KP) and keep my kicker.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I started a bunch of frosh this year, so positions should be mostly locked down. DB will be up for grabs and someone has to fill the giant hole left my MLB Terrance Perry. Hopefully some of my other Juniors don't go pro. I'm not holding my breathe, every year I don't do anything and my juniors jump ship.