Sprint out

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jun 25, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Sprint out

Are we allowed to do this as long as it is not used to break down the AI..

obviously this is not intended to be used for cheese or else I wouldn't be asking, but is the sprint out allowed..?

sprint out..hit your man, and if he is not there..get up field.

I would make sure I did that or throw the ball away...I am not the type to sit there as long as I can waiting for receivers to break off their routes and become open..

I figured it would be cool..but thought Id ask as well(y)

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Sprint out, at least in '09, causes the pass defense to completely break down. The CPU reads it as "the QB is running for the first down", and the CBs/Safeties break off of their assignments. It is, for all intentive purposes, a bug.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Well, if I must give away my secret..

the reason I would implement it here and there..not very often at all because I don't want to get sacked..

is because I am going to start running the spread again..

I have a lot of trick plays and what not...speed option is a big part of my offense when I do this and I want the pass to start out like the option..

basically, I try and make every single one of my plays look exactly alike.

edit: so far, it hasn't helped me at all besides the fact that Im making it look like the option play I run

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

If your a team that runs the Options, then it is always in the game plan. I just never abuse it.

5. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

I believe the rule is:

6. Running your QB around in the backfield then throwing the football should be limited to when you are being pressured out of the pocket. Scrambling outside and running around or up to the line of scrimmage right before your throw is not straight gameplay and should be avoided as a tactic in your offense. I understand that plays breakdown and sometimes you have to do what you have to do, but keep in mind that intentionally doing it will be frowned upon.

As far as I am concerned, it doesn't bother me if someone sprints out a couple times a game. I have a big problem with someone trying to do it all game. The A.I.s are just not smart enough. Way to many things you can take advantage of.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I understand that.

It isn't a sprint to the sideline and hit the post ..type of sprint out..

I am in no way shape or form taking advantage of the AI or creating an advantage for myself..

I'm not even sure if I want to do this or not because it tends to not work out very well..and if I did it would be 1-3 times in a game

7. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I think what he's talking about is running the spread offense that has the option wrinkle to it.

Not lining up in shotgun and simply running from sideline to sideline just waiting for guys to get open. It is a very crisp quick passing offense that gets the ball into your playmakers hands right away. It's really all based on quick decisions with the QB.

It's sad that we can't use offenses like these because the A.I. is so poorly coded. This is a great college football offense, heck it's become a great high school offense too.

Peace,

PK

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That is exactly what I am suggesting

9. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

There are counters as well for the Spread. If you attack with your DE's going wide, this will counter a run out of the pocket. I always spread me DE's when I play online against sideline Huggers. I usually end up with 4-5 sacks a game.(y)

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll take what you give me.

edit: :)

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Against FSU, I could care less...just don't run a WR across the middle.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/98SSYmxzMGk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/98SSYmxzMGk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I. LOVE. FOOTBALL!!!!

When the F&#% will it get here?!

13. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

GO NOLES(y)(y)(y)