Squeeze play

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by blLL flo, Jun 15, 2010.

1. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Squeeze play

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

We have a rule that stating you are not allowed to steal while bunting. I believe Basis made this rule because the defensive user will preload his throw to 2nd or 3rd base in an attempt to quickly throw out the base runner. However, when the bunt is laid down, the defensive player who fields the ball will throw to 2nd or 3rd, not 1st to complete the sac bunt. So it seems to me that the rule was made to avoid people taking advantage of being unable to cancel throws.

On the squeeze you are stealing home. Which means any preloaded throw for the base stealer would go to home. So if fielded quickly, the defense would have a chance to prevent the run.

Last night we had this situation come up and Basis threw out the game. I didn't see the problem with the squeeze, but wanted to know what everyone else thought.

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The rule is also partly in place to make squeezes illegal due to the fact that bunting is largely over-effective.

Ruling stands.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya it also triggers a catcher glitch alot where he just stands there..Just ask knight hahaha