Stadium Sounds Tutorial

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Basis4aDay56, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Stadium Sounds Tutorial

Hey guys, just wanted to give a heads up as to how awesome the custom stadium sounds feature is this year. It takes a pretty long time to do the whole process, but once you do it, it's freaking AMAZING! In this thread I'll describe the process and also post some links. Feel free to ask any questions!

I have added the custom stadium sounds for my 3 online dynasty teams (ND, Florida, Florida State) and it makes the experience SICK, especially for ND and Florida (ESPECIALLY ND). Well worth the time, in my opinion.

Links
    --- Utopia Forums for Stadium Sounds Resources (links as well as what team uses what sound where)
    --- OS Forums for Stadium Sounds Resources (more current links but worse info as to who plays what when than Utopia)
    --- Band Clips for the Following Schools: Bama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, FSU, UGA, Kentucky, LSU, Misc, Miss State, Ole Miss, PSU, Pump_up_Clips, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vandy
    --- Clips for the Following Schools: Army, Navy, Notre Dame

How to Search for Sounds
    Check the forums on OS for the conference you are in. There will most likely be MANY helpful links in there. I haven't been in every forum, but do some digging and you'll find the info that you need. To find out which sound is played when, I would reference the Utopia forums. They seem to be more accurate, although I can't say that for every school on the OS forums.

The Process
    Okay, prepare yourselves. This is not a half hour project. More like two hours it felt like, but I'm not positive. You will need: A pad, a pen, a blank CD, a CD burner, a program to burn CD's (I used iTunes), and a hard drive for your XBOX.

1) Download all necessary files to your computer. For ease, try to put them into one folder.
    2) Make a list of all of the "sound events". You will see them on the OS and Utopia forums. I am talking about "defense on 3rd down, penalty, timeout away" -- stuff like that. You'll see what I mean when you look.
    3) Write down where you want to play each sound that you downloaded. You can use the info you find on those forums as a guide for realism, or mix and match to suit yourself.
    4)Load the audio files that you downloaded into the program that you are going to burn them to a CD with.
    5) Burn the CD as an AUDIO CD, not a data or MP3 CD. This is VITAL.
    6) While the CD is burning, write the TRACK NUMBER of the sound next to the sound name on your pad. Failure to do this will cost you a lot of time.
    7) After the CD is burned, you are done with your computer. Now the REAL fun begins.
    8) Put the Audio CD into your XBOX tray. When the menu comes up, choose to Rip Disc to Hard Drive or whatever the actual verbiage might be.
    9) After you have ripped the CD, play TRACK ONE ONLY (not all of them at once). Then, SAVE CURRENT PLAYLIST and name the playlist the track number (1 in this case). Repeat this for all of the sound files. Each sound clip needs to be in it's own playlist!
    10) After you have completed step 9, load NCAA Football and find the Custom Stadium Sounds area (I *think* under My Legacy or something like that).
    11) Press 'Y' to add a sound event. There is a maximum of 50 events, so if you are doing 3 teams you will need to plan wisely. You'll be fine if just doing it for 1 or 2 teams.
    12) When the add event menu pops up, scroll to your team, choose the event, and then find the track number that corresponds to the event that you wrote on your pad. Repeat this process for every sound event, making sure to choose the right team every time. You will be able to preview the sound by pressing 'X'.
    13) When you have loaded all of the sound events, back out and SAVE YOUR PROFILE!!!! Failure to do this will mean that the sounds will not save, and the next time you turn your XBOX on the sounds won't play. This will be very very painful!
    14) YOU'RE DONE! Enjoy! It is awesome to be able to hear the Florida band play 'Gator Bait' after a sack, to hear the ACTUAL Notre Dame kickoff sound, and to hear Florida State's band play Massacre after a touchdown!

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Nice! Between those two guides, I think this can really help people get to use what turns out to be a pretty cool feature!

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

One note about the sound events for you guys. I don't use one for Defense on 4th Down, because this also plays while punting. In my opinion I would rather hear the rest of the band's sound after stopping them on 3rd down, then my pre-3rd down music all over again.

5. jfosh

jfosh Super

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have a question. I loaded these, and they really added something.

If I remove the kickoff sound... Will it let my fight song (Played after the XP) play through instead of stopping? or will it always stop the fight song right when you go to the kickoff....

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Good question -- I have no idea! I'll give it a test tonight or tomorrow.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah let me know... I would but I'm totally swamped lately, I just get in, play, and get out.

9. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm pretty sure if you make the sound long enough, it lasts the whole time, but I could be wrong.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It should stop as soon as your XP goes through..

no matter what

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Lets just say that Doak is goin to be more intimidating in Coast2Coast when I get some time to do this, always wanted to.

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm hooking mine up tonight

13. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

The other user can't hear what you have going, I believe.

14. BDSDIGITAL

That sux, is that true?

15. KnightNoles

on some bullshit if that is true

16. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's true. They hear their sounds and you hear yours.

17. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Yeah, they need to add so you can hear somebody's sounds. What's the point of having that feature then??

18. KnightNoles

oh well it will still add to make the game better

19. KnightNoles

Alright Im tryin the stream and how do you make the .m3u files? I got the music files i just need the .m3u and know it involves notepad. walk me through anyone?

Ok I had the music files and then right clicked and opened with notepad and then saved it with .m3u after I got all of them done I imported them into WMP and then I received this error message: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the associated playlist is not valid.

help

20. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

For the PS3 -- an audio CD did not work. The files loaded onto your system had to be .mp3 format, so a Data CD or a Thumb Drive should do the trick.

And once they are copied over onto the hard drive, you are done. The playlists are not necessary. The game didnt even look for a playlist, it only looked for the actual .mp3 files..

Hope this helps some of you PS3 guys who are wanting to try this out.. And I have most of the sounds for Texas A&M if anyone is interested in those.. Just shoot me a pm with your email addy and I can send you the .zip file

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

"I'm On A Boat" plays everytime I score a TD

22. BDSDIGITAL

what is that? Jimmy Buffet? You strike me as more of a Little Wayne type, or whoever is hot in the street right now.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

24. BDSDIGITAL

Wow...that's what people are into now? Jeeez I'm old.

25. KnightNoles

Zombie Nation on kick off, takes way to long to get to the ohh ohh part though
    Lots of Cash plays when I score... Gucci Mane