Stampeding Back; Colts Shred Cheese at Lambeau

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by cry_havoc, Jan 17, 2013.

1. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

[​IMG]
    Rodgers stands lonely at midfield after tough loss at home.
    [​IMG] 45 - 35 [​IMG]
    In a nutshell the Colts needed a big week 17 to solidify a bye in the first round of the playoffs. In there way was the undefeated Pack, who close out there regular season at the Frozen Tundra trying to go 16-0.
    Right off the bat things went south for Luck and Co...as the Packers first drive resulted in a TD and the next 2 Colts plays resulted in 2 TO's leading to scores. This put the Pack up 21-0 early. With that said, the Colts had even much more to prove. They've been tired of hearing about Rodgers and his stellar offense all year. Coach Music rallied up his troops and stuck to the plan. Stay balanced and spread the ball around. The Colts would gradually pick apart the Packers D. The Colts would finally score on a 29yd TD from rookie Humphrey to get them on the board.
    From there on the Colts settled in. Showing different looks...and adding pressure on D. Rodgers started to get rattled. Colts would stop the Packers on there next two posessions and score each of there next too to make this a ballgame again 21-21.
    The Heat continued in the 2nd half as the Colts smelt fear(or melted cheese) in the Pack. Crucial 3rd downs became the outcome as well as holding Rodgers to a measily 206yd passing yards. This game kept its fire till the very last 2 minutes as the Colts were up 17 and the Pack wouldnt give up. They would score a late TD with roughly 30 secs remaining but it was too late. David Gettis had a big day for the Colts as he pulled in 6rec and 152yds with a TD.
    After the game, reporters asked how did you guys blow an early 21-0 lead. Rodgers was qouted saying "Yea...well...we didn't want to show them much. We let up mid 2nd. Didn't want to divulge secrets. Trying different pass patterns and combos. We didn't even run(cause they couldnt)"
    Excuses? Just saying
    GG Troy​

• Like Like x 6
  2. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

No excuses. Benched some players in the third. You are the best Madden player or there no doubt. Congrats and don't choke in the playoffs again........ ;)

3. redlishus

Btw it was me that made those comments from the comfort of my living room not Rodgers. This is fictitious football.

4. redlishus

5. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

The famous "we didn't want to show them too much". Heard that about 5 times at least between comm games and lg games. If people are scared to show what plays you typically run why not run with a completely different playbook?? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. redlishus

I was busting balls. I have never beat James. He's good.

7. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Hahaha technically Troy... u r Rodgers, hes controlled by you. I mean i couldve said coach Hewitt but personally i think it sounded better from Rodgers. I mean, what coach really lays down in the 2nd on a 15-0 season.

My guys will be ready... losing to a better team isnt choking, especially if im outplayed. If im not prepared ill consider that choking.

But overall... your team is legit. Matthews lays the wood and ur CBs play like shit on velcro. Best of luck on your run.

• Like Like x 1
  8. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

james is ok... ;)

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Wise choice. I lost my starting ILB and starting HB for the season; that is, IF the Dolphins even make the playoffs.

10. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I had a scare in my week 17 game when Olsen went down with a leg injury in the 3rd (after I had taken some starters out, but not him). Luckily he bounced right back. I did lose a backup WR to a serious injury in the 4th, he was taking the place of Patrick Wilkerson (who is made of glass), so I lucked out there!

11. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

I concur with the choice of benching a player... but one player doesnt cost ya the game.

12. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It does if it's your starting QB... :)

13. redlishus

It was actually Greg Jennings, Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Jermichael Finley and Aaron Rodgers....

14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

You should release those players and do yourself a favor

• Like Like x 2
  15. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Oh.. i guess thats y you lost then. My bad. These guys were also subbed out once i got back in the game and took the lead. On top of taking Rodgers head off, I agree with resting him... but regardless those subs didnt make a difference. Anyways how about Manti Teo?

16. redlishus

I said you beat me James. You played a hell of a game and I didn't. I really don't want to face you in the playoffs.

Or I could trade you them and you wouldn't have to fight with other teams for them...

17. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

Because that's possible...

18. redlishus

? Yes, why?

19. PAPER R1VAL

PAPER R1VAL Walk On

Colts = AFC
    Pack = NFC

You won't meet in the playoffs, ever.

20. redlishus