Standings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Apr 29, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Standings

CA's Point of View - Standings

I am not too good with things like this but I'll give it a shot! Hope you like it.

A very tight race in the AL Central division so far. The Central could end up in any team's hands. I think the talent of the coaches is that deep. Is it the luck of the Irish? I think not, Eagles can ball even with the KC Royals. Dude has a serious rendezvous with the LA Angels then its down to the nitty gritty with the Twins. The Cleveland Indians will make some noise whether they win the division or not. They could play a role in knocking teams out. The stingy Sox(White) keepin' it stinky on the South Side allowing only 2.8 runs per game which is 3rd best right now in TBL. What about those boys in the Sota'? I don't want to be too biased but 41 points for and only 20 points against is pretty gnarly if you ask me. Whoa, I totally forgot the Detroit Tigers, very sorry Moogle. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass considering we have a 2 game series match up! The Tigers are heavily equipped to do damage, as IRL they compete with the Twins pretty good.

AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Team Record GB
    [​IMG] 6-2 0
    [​IMG] 5-2 0.5
    [​IMG] 5-3 1
    [​IMG] 3-3 2
    [​IMG] 2-6 4

The beasts from the East? Doesn't appear to be that way, at least so far. Usually, people consider the World Series winner to be from this division, the way these teams are looking, I wouldn't bet on it. That's not to say they won't pick up the slack. Since adding new owners to the Boston Red Sox & Baltimore Orioles, things have heated up quickly. Bigsmooth33, known for his smoothness has the Sox on a 2 game winning streak. While the Scikotic one has his players playing psychotic on a 3 game tear. Don't forget about the Rays, I know from experience this team is pretty tough. The Jays have a good coach so I know they can still make a nice run. The guy at the top of the food chain is gasping for air as things are tightening up.

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST
    Team Record GB
    [​IMG] 4-4 0
    [​IMG] 4-5 0.5
    [​IMG] 3-5 1
    [​IMG] 3-5 1
    [​IMG] 3-6 1.5

American League West, definitely belongs to the state of California right now. The Oakland A's came out smashing on opponents. The A's are setting the tone for TBL as they lead in runs scored. Also dominating the hits & batting average categories coming in 2nd. Only time will tell if Blocker can keep his excellent performance up. DirtyD is playin' dirty for sure. On a 4 game streak of wins, he is looking to take over that #1 spot, in the AL West of course. BAKEdaSNAKE is in range with those Rangers. If he beats up the A's in Series 8, watch out. The Mariners, know how to run the bases. That's for sure. Leading TBL with 14 so far, if they can just knock those runs in their record may soar. They haven't been given an easy task thus far, their opponents combined record - 41-24(ouch!)

AMERICAN LEAGUE WEST
    Team Record GB
    [​IMG] 8-1 0
    [​IMG] 4-1 2
    [​IMG] 4-5 4
    [​IMG] 1-7 6.5

The NL Central is loaded with drama. This race will be fun to watch. The Cubs, Reds and Cardinals are battling it out for the top spot while the Brew Crew & pesky Pirates are trying to sneak in. The Astros, well, are led by none other than Sir Hackgolfer himself! Wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Not too sure about the state of the Cubs or Reds since they have new owners I haven't heard much of in TBL. However, I have seen them around the forums, I wish them luck. Hope they knock around those Cardinals. Real talk, lend me your ears for a second, if the Cards play their "cards" right they should be staring at a playoff berth. They have one of the best players in the game in Albert "The Machine" Pujols so they need to get it done. The Brew Crew have found tough love lately after going on a 3 game win streak. They now find themselves staring at a 3 game losing streak, will they bounce back? Yes, they can. Pittsburgh has to get a tough attitude and rip through their schedule, Pirates are good at stealing, so why can't they steal some wins?

NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL
    Team Record GB
    [​IMG] 5-2 0
    [​IMG] 5-3 0.5
    [​IMG] 5-4 1
    [​IMG] 3-6 3
    [​IMG] 2-5 3
    [​IMG] 1-5 3.5

Doesn't matter who got control of those Phillies, they just know how to win. After back to back WS Championships they are in control of their own fate, they just have to deal with the rest of the division. This has to be the most competitive division I've seen as far as records go. Wow, I had to do a double take. I'm not talking about Orlando Jones & Eddie Griffen being stuck together in that 2001 film. The Braves are sitting at 6-3. While Jam is jammin' with the Marlins accompanied by the Shuffman shuffling in at 5-3. Who does that leave out? Them Nats. You mean the ones who wore misspelled jerseys? Yes, but they have KnightNoles, a straight gamer who can ball with the best of 'em. Stay tuned kiddies cuz this could get U-G-L-Y you don't got no alibi you ugly, yeah yeah you ugly.

NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST
    Team Record GB
    [​IMG] 7-3 0
    [​IMG] 6-3 0.5
    [​IMG] 6-3 0.5
    [​IMG] 5-3 1
    [​IMG] 5-3 1

From the looks of things it seems the DBacks and Giants are on a roll. Both have a 3 game win streak. However, the boys in Blue are trying to keep things close. The Dodgers will try to dodge wins no more so look for Manny Ramirez, Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp to get the bats going. Diddy has freak nasty himself, Tim Lincecum the long haired hippie who can toss the ball. The Rockies need to start scoring some runs. Colemanchu has one of the best names on TF. He just needs to translate his creativity from the keyboard to the diamond. I know he can! DBacks are on top because well, their owner is doin_work. I played for the DBacks in little league so I'm rooting for them.

NATIONAL LEAGUE WEST
    Team Record GB
    [​IMG] 4-3 0
    [​IMG] 4-4 0.5
    [​IMG] 4-5 1
    [​IMG] 2-5 2

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Good job CA.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I wonder how the tie break works on LD because I split with both braves and phils in both I took game 2 I believe.

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Good write up CA.. Thanks for pointing out that I suck.. But can't say I am far behind the pace of the real life Astros...

Gotta learn how to put some runs on the board!!

5. dbackfan98

dbackfan98 Walk On

good job and cole jusr raked in 11 runs off me. never gave up double digits until today