Stanford at Washington

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Aug 4, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Stanford at Washington

Behold the cheesy that is Hellisan!

Just kidding. Highlights from the game ...

First Half
    [youtube]ZmKl_GoiTJg[/youtube]

Seconf Half
    [youtube]30dF41MQTGU[/youtube]

both teams went back and forth in the first half, putting together some long drives that made the half fly by. turning point was a horrendous interception on the goalline by Andrew Luck in the 4th.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Nice highlights and good win Hellisan!

I couldn't help but notice something. Now I know why you guys don't get sacked that much........10-15 yard drop backs. Take a look again....I saw Luck (locker was fading pretty far back also) dropping back 10 yards after shotgun on no pressure....AM I wrong or this kind of frowned upon or am I nitpicking.

3. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Chedda

4. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

i just reprimanded a newbie in my league for similar stuff to what Bly was doing...dropping back 10 extra yards out of shotgun. the other guy was way worse though as he was sprinting to the left/right as well as dropping back, but bly wasn't exactly totally sim in those clips

5. BlyGilmore

puh - see if i post highlights again :thumbsup:

i don't see any big difference between what i was doing and what helli was doing to be honest. most plays from the shotgun we were moving back an additional 5 yards or so after the snap.

I went back and looked and only saw one play where i was egregiously too far back - and that was the sack of Luck in the second half when the game froze up and looked like it was gonna boot us. also keep in mind too we're playing a coast to coast online game and the controls were pretty sluggish. there was no stopping on a dime.

regardless it isn't intentional. just muscle memory from non-shotgun plays taking over as i pay attention to the field. i'll try and cut it down.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Drop back as much as you like. Longer throw, more time for me to user dat ass

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

JMS.... and everybody else for that matter. If you have complaints about anybody's game be it mine, or anybody's, save it for PM's this year. We've done all this in the past and it just provides entertainment value for the other leagues but that's not our (stated) goal.

I found Bly to be one of the straightest opponents I've ever played. At least he passes more than 13 times a game, and didn't run the same 3 run plays ad nauseum ;)

8. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL JMS knows I love giving him crap. He's probably taken more crap for his playing style than anybody so it's tough to say don't say anything about it, I just want our league to be different this year. I'm probably one of the biggest culprits so sorry for the hypocrisy, I'll try to act as I'm asking you guys to act. Just PM me with any issues.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah i agree...my bad

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I mean I think it's one thing to give somebody hell for the stats they're putting up while knowing full well they are trying to play realistic football in the process. If you want to hang me for Locker's numbers or something in public that's o.k.

If I'm doing something wrong game play wise, or being cheesy... PM me. That's the difference.

I think all of us care. I mean I had 5 receptions with my back yesterday and some of them were drive-continuing type plays where it seemed like I went to him a couple times a row. Late in the action with the game on the line I was keeping him in to block just so I couldn't throw him, and I know the majority of you guys are the same: self-policing. I notice myself sometimes dropping back too far, I try to stay up in the pocket where it's safest but sometimes the pressure comes right up the middle or from the side, you gotta stay a step ahead if you can. The perfect response is to get rid of it against a blitz, but a good blitz takes away the easy stuff... :)

12. BlyGilmore

I am super-hetero!

honestly i don't mind the discussion and how this was brought up was fine to me. i looked at the clips above and honestly don't think i was that bad except for a couple of brain farts - which we're all entitled.

keep in mind also the above is a small sample of clips and only shows first downs, TDs and the occasional big defense play. so the pass plays tend to be of the longer variety and don't show a lot of the three step drop plays that get 4 to 8 yards.

and IMO self policing is always the sign of playing a good opponent. i think that's what really sets sim/straight players apart from the win at all costs crowd. i did the same thing in the middle of the game, throwing in a few more runs up the gut cause i thought I might be attacking the fringes a bit too much.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I noticed, and thank god for it.

14. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Every Wisconsin highlight I have seen this year as been the run to the left off-tackle... Must be a coincidence.