Stanford lays the wood on the Beavers, 48-9

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Aug 31, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    This game was the one Stanford was looking forward to. The only blemish on their record last season came at the hands of the Oregon State Beavers in a poorly played game. In this matchup, the Cardinal had no plans of a repeat performance.

Oregon State won the toss and elected to kick. On the first Stanford drive a holding call put them in a 2nd and long situation. The OC called for a play action pass and it worked well as the Oregon State strong safety got caught trying to decide if he wanted to cover the TE or slot man Stanley Pryor. Pryor got some separation and caught the pass and ran it the rest of the way for an 80 yard TD. Oregon State was able to take it across midfield into Cardinal territory, unfortunately for them, this is where trouble for Ryan Katz began. On a 3rd and 10 at the 38 yard line, Katz tried to force a pass to his TE and MLB Shane Skov stepped in front for the interception. After the next Stanford drive stalled, the Beavers once again had a chance to drive down the field to tie the game. On the first play of the drive, Katz once again was picked off trying to pass to the TE and OLB Garrett Wade made an excellent play to pick up on the route and get the INT with a leaping over the shoulder catch. On the supsequent play, Luck found TE Zach Ertz for a 28 yd TD to put the Cardinal up 14-0.

Disaster would strike again for the Beavers as Katz would throw his 3rd pick on the 1st play of the drive, this time a pick 6 by CB Terrence Brown and it's already 21-0 five minutes into the game. Three plays later, Katz would throw his 4th INT of the quarter as Skov got his 2nd pick of the game. Stepfan Taylor would score a TD off the turnover to put the 1st quarter score at 28-0. At the end of the quarter Katz would throw his 5th INT as Brown got him as he tried to find his WR on a streak. It was a nightmare first quarter for the Beavers and this game was pretty much out of reach. Most of the game was the Cardinal running the ball, Oregon State put some points on the board in the 3rd quarter. Then Luck threw his 3rd TD to make sure there was no idea of a comeback as he found Jamal Patterson for 80 yds on a PA pass. Patterson bailed out Luck as it was a poorly thrown pass but he managed to manuever himself in front of the CB to snag the pass and ran away. Stephan Taylor got a 2nd TD in the 4th and Stanford wins 48-9 in an impressive defensive effort.

This was a satisfying win for the Cardinal as they avenged their only loss from last season. The defense played well coming up with 7 picks and 8 sacks. They now look forward to the Pac 12 championship game as they will most likely play either Utah or Arizona State.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This was kind of sad to see. I was feeling bad for poor parrothead, because I have been on the ass beaten side of a good olde fashioned Hotrod thumping.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Great win. You might be waiting awhile before you get the best team in the league again. :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It was just one of those games where the talent level of the guys on the field played a huge part, and one of those games where it didn't matter what happened as it would break Stanford's way. Even when my guys were WIDE freaking open, my QB would overthrow them. I even had two passes bounce off of the helmets of my receivers. Once the interception parade began, it was pretty sure I had zero chance of making any type of comeback. On the plus side, I made a huge chunk of bank by putting my money on Stanford to cover the spread! :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I tried to make Stanford untouchable to start it off! :cool:

6. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Stanford's talent level is being greatly exaggerated *no Rusty*. My team is not much better than Penn St, Wisconsin, and Georgia looking at rosters. Especially on defense. My offense is rated high because of Luck and Taylor, otherwise my team is nothing special. It happens to be a good team for my gameplay style, so yes in that regard I got the best team for me.

7. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

HotRod new BRUCE80

love ya!

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Haha. Well, if you look at your guys compared to my guys, there's an incredible talent gap!

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Don't forget HotRod > Parrothead :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I got rid of Hotrod and now I have fucking MO....I am not sure which is worse yet.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's equal fun, always love playing scrubs like these guys.

• Like Like x 2
  12. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

LOL. Let's not forget this last game was the first time you've ever beat me! ;)

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Don't worry, one the sample size increases there will be no debate.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Haha. Perhaps. Then again, perhaps guys who are higher than 3 star recruits will find their way to Corvallis. Eh, who am I kidding. I think all roads in the area lead OUT of Corvallis!