Stanford squeaks by Louisville

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Aug 26, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Stanford squeaks by Louisville

Stanford was able to hold on and beat Louisville 17-14 in a Kentucky monsoon.

Despite all his talk about 75s and 80s Juggy's got some talent at HB and QB that can make him dangerous. His HB has a nice run in the 1st quarter taking the ball off tackle and scampering for 80 yards.

Stanford answered with a field goal as a drive stalled on the 3.

Louisville came back and put together a nice long drive but threw an interception in the end zone. Both teams traded punts before Stanford was able to put together a TD drive to almost close out the half.

The Cardinal looked like they'd start to pull away in the third, with a 5 minute drive ending in a TD passing to WR Patterson from 20 yards out. But both defenses buckled down not allowing another point in the quarter.

Early in the fourth Louisville was able to put another 7 on the board and pull within three, after a long pass over the top and some good running by Victor Anderson.

But Stanford was able to get the ball back with 3 minutes left in the game and hold the ball for the rest of the game, kneeling inside Louisville's 20 to claim victory.

gg juggy. tough opening game :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

good game man...fuckin Will Stein (actually me, but better to play a fictional 5 foot 10 computer QB) and that pick killed me. That and your 72% on 3rd down. couldn't get you guys off the field

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

your game was the opposite of WIS vs RUT.

Sounds like Louisville could have won this one but a costly INT and shitty 3rd down pass defense did you in. I can sing that song too.