Stanford survives vs Utah 38-35

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Dec 31, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Feb 11, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    Don't have much time to do a writeup but the Cardinal fought back in the last minute of the game to edge Utah in another classic matchup between the two teams. Stanford got out to a 24-14 lead at the half. Utah closed the gap in the 3rd and took the lead late in the 4th after Stanford fumbled away a chance to put the game away. Joey Robison lead the Cardinal down the field and also ran off a lot of time so that by the time the Cardinal scored the winning TD there was little time left for the Utes to get into FG position.

Joey Robison led the way with 420 yds passing on 21-29 passing with 2 TD and an INT. Anthony Manson punched in 3 rushing TDs. This win secures a spot in the NC game for Stanford.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Feb 10, 2009
    Way to survive the always tough Utes that seem to have it in for Stanford lol
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Feb 17, 2009
    Man it was a good game. I forced a fumble inside the 10yd while HotRod was driving to score... That has happened at least 4 or 5 times if not more during our games. I took the ball 90yards and scored, but brain-farted on some clock management at the end while he was driving (I guess I was expecting another FF? lol). GG as always HotRod

Big ups to Utah RB William Fox. 214yd on just 17 carries and a TD after coming back from a long break due to injury. Lets hope he comes back next year to get some revenge.