Stanimal032's Road to Glory

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Stanimal032, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Sunrise.jpeg

Football camp is starting this week in Wichita, KS. Last season was a rough time for the Buffaloes of Sunrise Christian Academy. Transitioning into their first year of 11-man football (previously 8-man), the Buffaloes had a hard time adapting.

"It's a different ball game and a different league," said head coach Trey Hall. "We've got some things to work on, but the good news is that we really can only go up from here."

Hall is right about that. Sunrise finished dead last in their league with a record of 1-8 last season. However, the recent addition of a new player has turned heads in the Sunrise program. Kansans know the last name of Stanley. Matt was a successful player in high school. Brother Mike went on to be a 4 year winner of the Bednarik and Thorpe award as a strong safety at Kansas State, and is currently playing for the Cincinnati Bengals.

[​IMG]
    Mike Stanley (32) Kansas State University

So, when Trey Hall heard that the youngest brother, Caleb, was enrolling at Sunrise, he was excited to say the least.

"The Stanley's have a strong football pedigree. They are all solid players, and everyone knows the story of Mike and what he did for Coach Snyder up at Kansas State. We're excited to see what Caleb can do!"

Caleb is a different kind of player from his brothers. Matt was a solid receiver with a good football IQ and soft hands. Mike was a hard-hitting safety with good instincts and good strength.

Caleb is a running-back. At 6'0 210 lbs, he already is bigger than any of his brothers were coming out of high school.

"I'm more of a power back at heart. I'm not one to dance around much. I don't shy away from contact. If you're going to try to take me down, you better bring your A-game because I don't go down easily."

Unlike his brothers, Caleb is not one for modesty.

"I have a lot to offer. I'm looking forward to playing for coach Hall and for Sunrise. This is the season we turn it around," said Stanley.

"He brings a lot of good knowledge to the table already. Dodge City has a solid program and he spent a few years playing Varsity at the 6A level so that experience should allow him to step in and hit the ground running.

For now, the season is still a few weeks away, but for the first time in a while, there's a positive feeling around the Sunrise campus.

[​IMG]
    Sunrise Head Coach Trey Hall

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Looking forward to this!

3. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Lol, this is what I love about doing these threads. I literally get people pitching their schools to me to send my player to. And I do take them into account. Here's a solid one from the EA boards.

4. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

And, I've gotta say, those uniforms are sick.

5. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Top 5 defense.. pssshhh.. SEC

• Like Like x 1
  6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Sunrise! Gross I'm gonna vomit lol! Good to see another home town guy in here!

7. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

As a MSU grad I concur with what is stated above. (y) to it's author.

Cole Copeland, they were #4 OA last year and #5 OA in '11. Their was ONE SEC school who had a better defense last year. And I can be proud to say there are no felons in the green and white. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cole Copeland

One word response. Competition. :)

9. Wyrmreaver

yeah, cuz SEC offenses are so potent......

10. Cole Copeland

It use to not be that way, correct. Have you not seen the offensive talent that has been brought into the SEC the past few years. I mean hell... Bama's offense has more weapons this year than our D... That alone should tell you how potent the SEC is

11. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

LOL 316, what up?

I'm the team chiropractor for Sunrise's basketball squad so I figured I'd use them.

12. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I also agree with this. SEC defenses are good. There are a few elite squads. Bama, LSU, South Carolina, and UGA come to mind. But many of their offensive units are anemic at best. But I'm a complete KSU and Big 12 homer so there's that. Let's not derail the thread boys! Ready to get this rockin!

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

blah.jpg

14. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED!
    [​IMG]
    Caleb Stanley sheds a Roeland Park tackler

Sunrise Academy got a big victory in it's first home appearance against Roeland Park due in large part to the play of newcomer Caleb Stanley. Stanley recently moved to Wichita from Dodge City where he was a standout runningback for the Red Demons. He did not disappoint in his opener as he had 32 carries for 243 yards and 3 touchdowns, including this 41 yard scamper in the 3rd quarter.

"I have to give credit to the blocking on that play," Stanley said. "The line opened up a big space for me. All I had to do was get there!"

"We are happy to have him onboard." said HC Trey Hall. "When you lose a great QB in Zach Howell like we did last year, you look for someone to fill the void. It's great to have someone to step in and take the reins!" The Buffaloes will go to Dodge City next week to play the 0-1 Red Demons.

"It's going to be an emotional return home for me," said Stanley. "I know most of the guys on that team and it will be good to see them."

Stanley has been highly recruited and has interest from Michigan State, TCU, and Georgia, most notably. When asked if he was favoring a team at this point, he simply replied, "No. I haven't even thought about where I want to go to school right now. I know my family has a long history at K-State, but I would like to do my own thing. It's a great school and I love Coach Snyder and what they are doing there, but I want to branch out and blaze my own trail so to speak. Coach Patterson (of TCU) and I have been in contact the most. I like his style of play and the way he runs his program, but at this point, I'm open to all offers."

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

I used to do each game in my RTG, but I will probably only write up each 4th game or so. Honestly, the main reason is that I don't have the time anymore. I'm building a business and married now and lots of other things to take into consideration. Plus, this will help me with burnout and will also motivate me to make the writeups that I DO pretty in-depth. Follow along, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the story!

16. Wyrmreaver

Good stuff man!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Thanks man! Crap I just realized I left out the score! Sunrise won 44-10 lol.

18. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

It's coming to the end of Caleb's senior season. His top 3 schools are Michigan State, TCU, and Georgia.

Where would you all like to see him end up?

19. Wyrmreaver

Horned Frogs!

• Like Like x 1
  20. CGB Kingbuff

CGB Kingbuff Walk On

Michigan State!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Finishing up Caleb's senior year of high school tonight! Right now, he's a 5* recruit and led Sunrise to an undefeated season. He is currently in the 3rd round of the State playoffs. Once I finish this up, I'll do a write-up on his decision and then I'll begin the write-ups for each game during his college career. Ready to get the ball rolling on this!

22. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

THIS IS SPARTA!
    [​IMG]

5* Sunrise Academy recruit Caleb Stanley made his decision on where he would be playing football next year, and he has decided to attend Michigan State University.

"I really like the system that Coach Dantonio has in place up in East Lansing. That was really the deciding factor for me. I see myself as a pro-style runningback. I'm able to take 30+ carries a game and pound it between the tackles. A lot of the spread, read option offenses have taken off around the college game and I just don't see myself fitting well in a system like that," said Stanley.

The signing is welcome news to Spartan fans after standout runningback Le'veon Bell was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2nd round of this years' NFL draft.

"He was a great back, for sure. I know I've got some big shoes to fill. I was told that as of right now, I'll be the 3rd string back for a while. I'm looking forward to getting there and showing the team what I can bring to the table. Hopefully I'll work my way to the top pretty quickly though!"

Stanley will be competing with juniors Nick Hill and Jeremy Langford for playing time to start.

"They have some great backs on the squad already, but I bring something a little different to the table than they do," said Stanley, and boy, is he right. Stanley will be coming into school at 6'0" and 220 lbs his freshman year. Coach Dantonio compares him to a slightly smaller Peyton Hillis.

"Caleb has some power to him. When he gets a full head of steam and comes at a defender in the open field, there's not many who want to try to bring him down. I think most of the guys in high school just grabbed ahold & hoped he tripped as he ran over them."

All-in-all, a solid pickup for the Spartans. I would suspect that Stanley will be atop the depth chart very quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ronsmith67

ronsmith67 Walk On

Nice, enjoy the winters up there in East Lansing. Maybe he can help bring the B1G a victory over the SEC in a bowl or the national championship.

24. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Michigan State Routs Western Michigan 41-20
    [​IMG]

Saturday went about as expected for Western Michigan fans. Michigan State jumped out to an early lead and never looked back as they cruised to an easy victory.

Caleb Stanley, the focus of our story saw some playing time in kick and punt return duties. While he had a select few opportunities, he made the most of them. In four kick return opportunities, Stanley racked up 123 yards, including a 63 yard return to start the game that jump-started the Michigan State offense.

"People don't usually put a guy who is more of a power back in to return kicks," said coach Dantonio. "But when you get an athlete like Caleb, you have to find a way to get him on the field. He made the most of his opportunities.

Stanley also returned 6 punts for 55 yards. "It was amazing. To experience the feel of the big stage and to do it in front of a crowd like we have here at Spartan Stadium, it was electric. [It was] everything I ever dreamed of!"

Stanley will be battling Jeremy Langford in practice this week for the #2 spot on the roster. "He's already shown that he has the skills and maturity to play at this level, and competition is great for the whole team."

25. Stanimal032

Stanimal032 EMAW

Running of the Bulls: Michigan State Holds off USF 24-17
    [​IMG]
    Caleb Stanley scores his first touchdown in his college career against South Florida.

First string runningback Nick Hill went down with a minor injury on the first drive of the game on Saturday. True Freshman Caleb Stanley finally got the opportunity he was looking for.

"You never want anyone to get hurt, let alone a teammate, but it provided and opportunity, and I had to show what I can do," said Stanley.

What Stanley did, was solid. He racked up 20 yards on 5 carries including a touchdown to help get the offense rolling. When faced with a 4th & goal at the 1, Coach Dantonio said Stanley told him to feed him the ball.

"He looked at me and said, 'Give it to me coach.' And he delivered! That's what he made his name doing in high school. We needed to see if he could bring it to the next level."

Stanley also had 4 kick returns for 95 yards and returned 5 punts for 53 yards.