Starcraft II

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by T2, Jul 27, 2010.

1. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Starcraft II

Did any one pick it up yet? is it any good?

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

been trying to decide if i want to pick this up. i'll probably break down at some point, but might try and hold out with a new Civilization coming out in Sept.

3. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Not yet, once I'm done building my new system I'll get it :) It's gonna be a beast :biggun:

4. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

I played the MP beta...it was pretty good...but at least during the beta, 1v1 was very repetitive...every race had one really good strategy...and each race had one really good counter for each strategy. Every game played out the same way...both players race for resources...one player makes the first attack with their race’s best strategy...if the defender wasn't focusing primarily on the counter for said strategy, the attacker win. If they were...the defender's counter attack always wins because the first attacker doesn't have time to rebuild after a failed attack. There were very few games where there was much of a back and forth epic struggle feel to a battle. One rush, maybe one counter rush...game over. Every time.

Didn’t get into much of the multi vs. multi games….they might be better.
    I'll probably hold off on buying it until the price goes down...but darn if I don't want to play the single player mode...sucker for a good story.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Starcraft is widely regarded as the best RTS of all time. Its widely regarded as one of the best games of all time. That said, I'll be picking it up today immediately after work.

I never got much into the PvP games. I had the most fun playing UMS games or comp stomp games with friends.

I'm holding out hope they'll have a really in depth co-op campaign either in this installment or with expansions. The SP campaign will still be really epic though.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yeah been like that forever with these types of games. its one of the reasons i stopped playing.

a friend and I in college used to have some EPIC games of Age of Empires. We'd basically get a 30 pack of beer and a ton of snacks, sit down and start playing. House rules dictated you could not attack the other guy for the first hour of the game. we'd then pause, take a quick break and announce "game on."

one of our matches lasted like six or seven hours - still remember it to this day. we started at like 9/10 at night and played until the sun was up. made the mistake of picking a map that had a lot of natural defense points and was land locked.

we ended up building up on both sides of a pinch point in the map - basically splitting the world in half - his side and my side. literally crazy, impenetrable defenses on both sides.

i was finally able to win by digging a tunnel through the forest on the far side of the map and catching him completely by surprise.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I played the first few missions last night. Its old school goodness. I haven't unlocked any of the new units yet but I'm really enjoying it so far. I haven't tried out multiplayer yet.

With the Madden demo currently downloading on my xbox I don't know how much time I'll have to play everything, heh.

8. lukeoverture

lukeoverture Walk On

hahah, i LOVED Age of Empires. never got to have epic games quite like that, but i did have a lot of fun playing that game.