Start Date?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jul 1, 2009.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Start Date?

Do we have a start date? Someone over on TF3 proposed a 2 week wait to play the game a little look at sliders get used to our teams kind of like a training camp. We can sim a few years and see how recruiting works and how speed affects the game. We could have a tournament or two while we wait for rosters. That kind of thing. Any suggestions?

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

The problem with the "sliders" is that nobody knows for sure if they even work at this point. Hopefully they do, but who knows for sure? I do think we should wait until at least the roster patch is up, as there are going to be more than a few of us without freshmen on our teams.

I'd love to play with named rosters, but using the teams we've got, I can live without it if need be (could auto-name the guys). Anyway, I'd say to give it about a week to check some things out and get used to our teams, then put this baby on the road. Just my opinion.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Is it greedy to hope that the rosters are right and correct on the release date and pastapadre has a roster out a few days later? Call me crazy. Maybe we could do a little TF4 tournament real quick waiting for the rosters to come out...kind of compare notes on the stick skillz?

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'd be fine with that. As it is, with the repairs on my 360 taking anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to be done and me to get my 360 back, I'll be out until probably at the latest a week after the game comes out.

Personally, I'd like to have accurate and named rosters.

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

You guys want to set up a tournament? Set up brackets and such go default sliders and see who has the best skills out of the gate.

6. BDSDIGITAL

I thought it would be kinda cool. Maybe take our favorite teams instead of our cusa/mac teams just for fun..I too would much rather wait for accurate rosters and real names, unless it's going to take forever. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't believe EA would release that game with jacked up rosters.

edit: would rather wait for accurate rosters and real names to start the season. For a tournament I could care less.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, we could do an inner league tourney, no problem.

I'm not exactly sure what all the other leagues start times are. I know for a fact that I will wait until I have accurate/named rosters. As far as waiting for someone to come up with good sliders....I will probably not worry about that. You can change the sliders at any point during the season, unlike the rosters.

I would say, we will start the season in between a week and two weeks after the release date.

8. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

wait for rosters please!

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Im going to...no rush

10. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

i think they said sliders dont work again and they are going to try to fix it in the patch

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yeah...the sliders are shot right now..

we'll worry about an exact date..

12. SpreadOption

SpreadOption Walk On

So I am up for the idea of a league tourney. That would be cool. It would give us a way to get used to online play and the feel of the game. And besides we would get possible sneak peaks at our dynasty opponents.

MY VOTE IS FOR THE TOURNEY!!! :D

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It would have to be after the Tradition Football Tournament..

that ends the 17th...ours would take 3 days max

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I dont necesarily need a touney, with all the tounaments out due to the release, but if we have to rush to fit one in. Im cool, plus if were foin for realistic, it would be more real to not have a tourney...lol

15. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm good whenever.

16. RageRoolz

RageRoolz Guest

i wouldnt be adverse to the tourney.then again, i will be playing this game nonstop once its out so...lol.either way

17. KingVMSU

KingVMSU Walk On

I say no. I dont like ruining the surprise of new opponents. Post season tourney? Sure. I'll do whatever, just my 0.02 cents.

18. BDSDIGITAL

I guess the rosters are due out this weekend. Are we starting this weekend or next week or what? Lanteri is like 77 teams done and posted that he should be done tomorrow morning.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We will see..

we will definately be waiting until at least Tuesday..that is when the patch comes out

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm assuming we'll be playing with adjusted sliders. If so, we'll need to see what's best for us. Does anyone know if the sliders in the PS3 version will be exactly the same as the 360? In other words, will we see similar results? If so, it looks like some posts over at OS have some solid sliders going at this point...

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, everything is to come..

We don't have to have perfect sliders when we start as well...we can adjust them as we go if need be

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Works for me. Excited about starting the season, even if my team is a steaming pile. :p

23. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I think i heard somewhere that 360 patch is comin next week. Ill have rosters too by then.

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

25. BDSDIGITAL

Man I hope so...let's get it on already.