Start Date

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bawvu97, Jun 18, 2011.

1. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    So when are we getting started once the game comes out?

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

July 12th is release?

I am thinking maybe around the 20th? Whenever we get a set of SOLID named rosters. A common theme around TSO is we do not wait for perfect rosters as we plan on flying through the first 4 seasons anyways, the real fun starts when you have recruited your whole team.

We obviously wont start with trash rosters either though, Once we get a solid set that doesn't have glaring problems, then we will start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    10-4 got it

4. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

What about sliders and things of that nature?

I am going to be a little behind the 8-Ball as I am on vacation in San Diego from th 17th to the 23rd. Gotta schedule Cupcake U for my first 2 games.

Speaking of, if I cannot play a game. Literally cannot play it am I allowed to super sim the game via the online feature? Perhaps we can build some rules around this so that it is allowed but cannot be abused?

Here was a set of rules I was thinking about

1) Can be used once/twice per season if there is an extenuating circumstance that requires it.
    2) It cannot be used against CPU opponents that are in the Top 25.
    3) It must be know going into the week and approved by the commissioner that this feature is being used.
    4) If it is a game of consequence it cannot be super-simmed. For example, if ND is ahead of Michigan for the Big 10 title going into the final week and a ND loss puts Michigan into the conference championship game or a win puts ND into the Conference Championship game, it cannot be super simmed.

That's just a rough idea. I think if we use these rules it can be a nice tool for those who don't want to have there game just simmed if they have to miss it. Personally, I would much rather play the game and think I would be at a major disadvantage using that compared to playing it myself so I don't think there is really a competitive edge gained or lost by using this. I think it allows those that may go out of town or have an issue getting a game in due to life circumstances a chance to feel like they still got there game in and not feel like they missed a part of the season.

Thoughts?

5. Hova

If you are out of town you are more than welcome to always use the sim feature. Thats the good thing about the feature, now guys do not have to miss games. The only problem would be if guys are restarting while simming trying to win lol but nobody would do that around here I hope.

6. Hova

Sliders are always tough. I myself like a really challenging set but I know that can upset alot of people. They will be competitive I know that much. But we don't trip out over sliders much, we find a common ground and usually stick with that throughout the run of the league. I myself would like to run on Heisman but we really need the game first so we can all do some testing and give feedback.

7. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

Good deal. I just wanted to make sure that we had some sort of policy. The preference is to always play but we all have lives outside of this of course.

8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Heisman user games are terrible, imo. =/

I don't think this is really necessary.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I don't see super sim as an advantage. If anything I give up more points per game when I super sim than if I played the entire game. Hell Purdue scored 28 points off my PSU team on super sim, I think I gave up 28 points total to CPU teams before my Xbox crash.

Oh and I will be out of town from July 19-26. Are we still allowed to use subs for CPU games?

10. Hova

ya no problem for CPU games