Start now or wait?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Aug 27, 2009.

?

When should we start

1. Go Live with this roster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for next new roster

100.0%
  1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Start now or wait?

All, it looks like we are going to settle in on 8 mins, no accel, on All-Pro. Advance will be Sunday Night / Thursday night most likely.

Do you want to go live now or wait for one more updated roster?

I'll also be asking everyone to check in. Make sure you have your team listed on the site in the owner thread.

Be sure to vote - participation counts.

2. scarface

scarface Walk On

Im checking in.

3. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

checking in!!

I don't have a problem starting now if we have the understanding that any respectable players cut or traded be placed on the team they go to. Otherwise we could wait. I'm good either way.

4. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Did we hammer out the "I've contacted my opponent and we can't hook up in the next 3-4 days, and won't be able to play" issue?

Checking in.:)

For the record, NFL Cut Down Day to the 53 man roster is like 10 days away. I'm assuming EA will release that final roster shortly thereafter, so I see no harm in waiting 2 more weeks.

5. gt86

gt86 Walk On

checking in

I agree with Styk I see no harm in waiting for opening day rosters

6. scarface

scarface Walk On

jesus f'ing Christ you all have the GT syndrome, the only guys going to be cut from any teams roster is the guy who shouldnt be on the team anyway and most likely its a slow, old, or shitty rated player that you would not use anyway.

get real guys this is a game not real life we dont even have all the shit to do this thing right let alone worry about a 35 year old roster cut.

7. Stykman

GT, as long as you don't respond to Scar...I'm not...he won't be able to say much. And we'll stay on topic. ;)

8. gt86

gt86 Walk On

I was actually ignoring it until you posted styk :)

9. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

UM i believe a few years back Miami DE Ogunleye was traded to the bears during the preseason and we had a little whining to get him on the bears roster. :eek:

10. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

This message has been brought to you by the same guy who whined about the Ogunleye / Dolphins trade that was made after we started...
    (n)

11. scarface

scarface Walk On

you guys are right and I ended up trading to get him not waiting for a roster update, and he was not 35 years old about to be cut.
    and it was obvious then as it is now the commish was not going to make the change then so wtf makes me think it will happen now if something is wrong?

12. gt86

gt86 Walk On

Jesus f'ing christ I want to make sure Jesse Holley ( winner of 4th and long reality show ) is on my team damn it enough said

I'm joking ofcourse

13. stealth

stealth Walk On

lol

I checking in. I voted to go ahead and start but it really doesnt matter to me 1 way or another.

14. Stykman

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Hoyt 1
    Scar 0

15. gt86

gt86 Walk On

seriously though have we got all the rules and procedures set as of yet and make sure they are clear so we don't have season after season of people asking what is allowed and wasn't allowed every season like the old blitzing rule from the PC league. That was asked by someone every season on what is allowed and what wasn't allowed.

16. scarface

scarface Walk On

Styk he was on the Bears roster when EA "UPDATED" their rosters, YET he was still on the dolphins, and naturally when a guy has 16 sacks and is 25 you would want him thinking the commish and the RC would do the right thing and CORRECT the rosters they did not and I had to trade for him, so wtf is the diference now if a guy is gone and you wont use him anyway?

17. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Can i get an " AMEN "? Also make the scheduling rules clear so guys don't think people will wait til the last hour before the advance everytime to accomodate them.

18. scarface

scarface Walk On

if it was asked every season in the PC league how was it ever answered there ?

19. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Well they keep things interesting. I am checking in. I am ready to roll soon.

20. gt86

gt86 Walk On

it evovled each season

it started off simple enough as how many rushers made a play a blitz then it evolved to anybody but a dlinemen it would be a considered a blitz. Then came the blitzing with bump and run and how often that could be done. Then it evolved into were we allowed to shift the dline or lbers when you blitzed. Then there was the old which players could be manually controlled when we blitzed ( thanks to me first with Ware one season and then others controlling other lbers. There was allot of confusion with that rule as in what and what wasn't allowed .

21. bambam

bambam Walk On

I am checking in...and staying out of the argument b/c I already have a 3 yearold kid that throws fits over stupid shit.

22. scarface

scarface Walk On

And GT with all that I still kept on winning games. figure out how to beat it and your good to go, keep doing the same shit and you will lose as people will figure out what you do and learn to beat it.

23. gt86

gt86 Walk On

that wasn't the point Scar the point was lets make sure all the rule and procedures are clear so we don't have the same debate every season

24. scarface

scarface Walk On

and my point is no matter what we will have 32 guys and their idea is different than yours

25. Stykman

Seriously...did this thread just go to 3 page over Ogilwayea...or whatever his name is?

I Draft T.J. Whosyourmama. Championship.