Start or Wait

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 24, 2010.

?

Start or Wait

1. Start

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Start or Wait

A poll was requested, so I thought I'd create it. Let us know what you think.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

I have an idea. Didn't know if this should go here or under roster thread. But I like it. What if we go ahead with the other guy's (gaiterblock-o or whatever) rosters and do this: edit the rosters for our teams (NO ratings changes!) only if we are not happy with them. I would volunteer to do this quickly or we could take turns moving the file, but this obviously depends on honesty. Great idea but my concerns are:

-people changing them too much.
    -people changing ratings...at all
    -the rumor that the creators upped OSU and downed Mich ratings which obviously effects us

Whatever, but I'm rearing to go and willing to help. But yes, would rather wait on rosters if they would be better (although ive seen a VT guy post edits for luvs and his edits are crap).

thoughts?

i voted get started.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

i vote to find best roster now and go with them. no further editing by us.

4. vatechhokie01

let be me a bit more pro-active and specific.

First of all, I don't care if we use this idea. I'm game for whatever.
    But second, I believe, for me at least, the ultimate hope is that my team's rosters would be accurate. If we all, or most, feel this way, it wouldnt take long for me to edit them.

If you guys like the idea, I believe I could have them done asap but this does entail and require a few things:
    1) Each manager both posts and sends me their specific changes to the already named block-o rosters
    2) There will be no ratings changes (unless block-o changed your ratings..then you should ABSOLUTELY change them back to the defaults).
    3) If you need to totally delete someone and add a replacement (in which case ratings have to be created), you will have to do the groundwork and find a comparable player and offer his ratings with an accompanied argument...and you BETTER err on the side of low ratings or conservative or I will do so myself

Basically, this involves a quite involved spreadsheet of your roster which I'm not sure too many idiots besides myself actually take the time to do. I'm thinking a few will be happy with block-Os and pass on the idea, making it go quicker.

more thoughts?

5. vatechhokie01

best roster now is block-o buckeyefans. Archie, any comment on the rumors (I haven't taken the time to look) about those rosters having hyped OSU players and downgraded MICH players?

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just that it's obviously the creation of someone in Ann Arbor. Michigan has some players, but they have been losing big for two years. If Michigan has been downgraded, then so has ND. The Buckeyes could be overrated a bit, but they look about right. I mean, they return just about everybody from what was a really good team last year. Michigan lost much of the talent (though some of the youngsters are good) from a pretty lousy squad. The gap between the ratings seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I've seen some talk about denard being faster than Terrelle, and it might be reasonable, but one rating does not a conspiracy make. I wouldn't mind if his accel got upped a bit to match or even overtake TP, but his throwing accuracy needs to drop to about 70. That guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a f-ing boat.

Anyway, if we roll with the current set, I say we change names only. I mean, we'll be creating all new teams as we go. Could be we have the better part of a season played before the real season starts, and by that time, it won't matter much. I vote we go with the best set we can find, but I'll hold for some more input.

7. vatechhokie01

to clarify, i was just asking if you knew whether those guys that did those rosters intentionally changed the ratings for OSU and MICH. ftr, i could care less. im down for whatever...as usual.

8. Goose

Goose Walk On

Let's use block's rosters.

9. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

has anyone tried or use gamingtailgate rosters? thats what i currently using at the time till luvs done.... im down with starting now if we have fair enough roster's...that michigan downgrade is BS imo lol

10. vatechhokie01

i def didnt mean to start a long discussion. whatever rosters would be fine. i say block-o's and lets go. unless someone actually knows what luvs timeline is.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

i think buckeye's rosters are in the process of being edited. maybe the next set will be out soon.