Start this mother up?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jul 16, 2010.

?

What should we do?

1. Start right now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait till we get better rosters.

33.3%
  3. Start right now by sending out invites but wait till we get sliders down.

66.7%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Start this mother up?

So, I talked to a couple of our members and they asked about starting the OD this weekend.

Things to discuss:
    Rosters - We have a set. Either blocko's or gamingtailgate's.
    Difficulty - All games I've played have been on All-American. Heisman?
    Sliders - Go with default for now or try and bang some out?
    Time - 6 minutes was the norm for last year's leagues. This isn't last year! The 7 minute TF Ladder games have seemed to work out fine. As long as people don't kill the CPU 80-90 to 0, I am fine with it. Works best for user games. You get to play like a real game. Strategy!
    Recruiting - What do we do? Limits? I think there should be limits to give the CPU the most they can get. I am fine with the recruit to fill 70 man roster.

I NEED YOUR INPUTS. ALL OF YOU!

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

[
    Things to discuss:
    Rosters - We have a set. Either blocko's or gamingtailgate's.

Either....doesn't matter to me!

Difficulty - All games I've played have been on All-American. Heisman?

Heisman

Sliders - Go with default for now or try and bang some out?

Default for now.

Time - 6 minutes was the norm for last year's leagues. This isn't last year! The 7 minute TF Ladder games have seemed to work out fine. As long as people don't kill the CPU 80-90 to 0, I am fine with it. Works best for user games. You get to play like a real game. Strategy!

7 minutes!

Recruiting - What do we do? Limits? I think there should be limits to give the CPU the most they can get. I am fine with the recruit to fill 70 man roster.

In my opinion, we recruit to fill out the 70 man roster. Also, with recruiting difficulty set at Heisman, I don't think we should have limits on 5*s.

3. controllerabuser

One thing to consider - there is a gameplay difficulty and a recruiting difficulty. So, we could play on All-American and recruit heisman or vice versa.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Let's get the invites and preseason started but wait for some sliders.

Rosters

Names is all I'm worried about at this point...if we were say, two weeks away from some really sweet rosters, I might be cool with waitin.

Difficulty

I'm going back and forth everyday on this one...I'm leaning AA right now, but...

Sliders

...need some tuning IMO. I'm for beefing up the CPU on AA or tuning down a few on Heisman.

Time

7 minutes is just right.

Recruting

Up to 70 is cool w/ me

What about speed settings?

I haven't played around with game speed much but I've enjoyed 35 on the Min SpeedThreshold

5. controllerabuser

Speed.. I haven't messed with at all. I think the CPU AA is pretty decent. Haven't played a GOOD team yet.

One thing as well.. Do you guys want to have a tournament? We can have a prize or something for the winner.

6. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Not sure on Recruit difficulty...so far I have sucked at it but that was with my "I can go for and sign anybody I want" strategy from last year.

7. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

8. controllerabuser

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Rosters - Lets just go with what we have. Recruiting is the biggest thing anyways, not default rosters.

Difficulty - All American...with a few slider adjustments.

Sliders - Needs a little tunings on AA. I have turned up the CPU running ability, turned down the human running ability, and messed with a few other things and I seem to have a solid set of sliders that makes CPU games challenging like they should be! (In other words if I'm a shitty team playing a powerhouse CPU I should expect to lose unless I play EXTREMELY well...just like it should be). I can get my actual numbers if you want. Not too many adjustments.

Time - 7 minutes for sure. The sliders will make sure our CPU games are challenging.

Recruiting - All-American default.

10. Big D

Big D Walk On

Oh and I say lets put the start date next week sometime.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Rosters - I personally want to wait for luvtotha9s, but I understand we want to get in a bunch of seasons.
    Difficulty - If we go Heisman I am going to shoot you CA.
    Sliders - I say we go Default, and adjust accordingly after every season. KEY word AFTER not during ;)
    Time - 6 or 7 is fine with me, I like to eat up clock so its all good.
    Recruiting - I say we go heisman recruiting with alotted scholarlips as our limit only. For example, if you have 15 seniors leaving u are allowed to sign 15 + 1 for a cushion.

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

start aa for both, 6 min , 70 man limit , find good sliders, someone who cares let us know if block or gaming rosters are better.

we can start whenever

13. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

14. controllerabuser

15. controllerabuser

So as of right now it's looking like - AA, 7 Minutes, Heisman recruiting, fill your roster +1, whatever roster and start as soon as we agree on a decent set of sliders?

16. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

17. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Speed threshhold needs changed. It affects the outside run a ton. Pulling weakside guard with speed in the 40's outrunning a LB to the edge is garbage. I have seen that a lot in user games. That is why the outside run is so effective.

Mike

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I agree with Frisk. I'd like to see luvs, he does great work and is putting together extremely legit rosters. Hiesman settings is suicide, I know you will bitch about them and change them CA. Sliders should be played around with. We won't be starting this thing tomorrow, or today since its 5:30 am est...so why not take advantage of that test league we have going or play some non-ranking slider test games over the weekend. Then tweak them long term...AFTER the season. I hate changing them week 3, then week 7, then week 13...game clock doesn't matter, 6 or 7...8 is too much 5 is too little. As far as recruiting settings go, I don't know. I haven't tried any. Again, taking advantage of that test league would be key here imo.

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

yeah we need to hash thi out inside an od. lets roll that thing no need to waiton people in a test league advance it daily and lets figure it out

20. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Ditto what Frisk guy said.

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

why arent people voting ?there's a poll

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

23. controllerabuser

Depends on how long luv is going to take. I don't really want to wait till the end of August. I say let's go with AA difficulty and recruiting. At the end of the season we will look over the results of games and recruiting numbers to gauge whether they should be altered.

Can we get a designated slider guy? Test those sliders T-Bone has posted.

IF YOU HAVEN'T VOTED PLEASE DO SO!

The only person that has an excuse to not be posting is BobJr, everybody else better start talking if you haven't posted. Thank you to those who have posted.

24. controllerabuser

I was also wondering if the kicking and punting sliders needed to be tweaked as well?

25. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

i think fg power definitely needs to be lowered. not every kicker should be able to hit from 50.